ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearly wrote off the valver today

Clare and i was coming home from bedford this after noon

driving along thee A120 near stanstead

when the the mountain bike that was on the back of the car in front falls off when he is doing 70 ish and comes bouncing towards us

it was a good job i have good breaks, handling and fast reactions to avoid the oncoming bouncing bike !!!

what made it worse is the driver never even stopped he just carried on !!!!:mad:

Some people !!!!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I was behind one of these dickheads with bikes hanging off the back of the car the other day,i am always nervous and overtook him as quick as i could.

I hope you went back to claim the bike !!

Lucky one there mate. I have my MTB on my roof a lot and always cringe when I see people attaching their bikes without proper care.

Id imagine he didnt see the bike fall off, as if it was worth anything hed have gone back to get it - theyre durable things!

no he knew coz i pulled along side him and told him he made no attemp to stop and he didnt see appologetic (sp) either :mad:

You have a roof rack on your Williams?

Always remember the bloke in the Evo VII I think it was with one.. he got some *funny* looks, heh.

Glad yer ok tho John.. people are idiots.. seriously.. heh.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

OMG totally shocking !!! :eek:

Bloody glad to here your both ok :)

I trust you reported this moron to the police ??? :mad:

my dad knocked the bikes off the roof on his volvo 940 turbo about 10 years ago, v v v v v funny, bikes where not damaged as the rack took the brunt of the fall and they landed on their wheels, car was in the repair shop for a week working on the damage to the boot of the car heheheehhehe

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Did you pick up the bike?

Might have been a good one. :p

(glad your ok)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Sounds like you were lucky John, and you must have been in a calm mood not to smash his face in ;)

I had a ladder fall off the van infront of me doing about 70, But i didnt have enough time to aviod it as i was overtaking it. Damaged the front and back of my car. Guy was ok about it!

i had this happen to me driving along a motorway and the bloody truck drops a load of empty drums that start boucing towards me and car next to me luckily we slow down and avoid them think smashed windscreen would of been likely a drum bounced over th car next to me talk about luck obviously truck did not know or stop either

TDI tyre shreader

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 25 April 2004

I was behind one of these dickheads with bikes hanging off the back of the car the other day,i am always nervous and overtook him as quick as i could.

I hope you went back to claim the bike !!
well in the 4 yrs that i have been driving i have never had one of my bikes or the rack fall off the back of any of my cars, if u strap them up properly they dont fall off unless they rip the boot lid off!! Why does it make me a dickhead for having a bike on a bike rack on the back of may car?? i think you are a bit of a prick perhaps you shouldnt be up the arse of the car in front and have time to react if ANYTHING falls off the car in front you tool.

I am always nervous when i drive to work, a skip lorry last time was not covered up and something fell off damaging my trim that holds the windowscreen in place, causing it to snap .. i was a nervous wreck had to continue driving to get off the motorway before i could stop .. i hate these lorries that have no nets covering the waste i drive past them as quick as i can now :( they better not damage my new car

Quote: Originally posted by night.icon on 25 April 2004

Clare and i was coming home from bedford this after noon

driving along thee A120 near stanstead

when the the mountain bike that was on the back of the car in front falls off when he is doing 70 ish and comes bouncing towards us

it was a good job i have good breaks, handling and fast reactions to avoid the oncoming bouncing bike !!!

what made it worse is the driver never even stopped he just carried on !!!!:mad:

Some people !!!!

Glad your ok mate ... good job your reactions were good