ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my Clio today!

Monaco 172
Evening all,

As per title, I picked up my Clio today! Its been a long time coming as I was messed around by a couple of people and was loosing hope of finding one that I wanted, I popped up a thread asking about dephasers and it progressed into talking about not being able to find one when a PM came through from @Daniel saying he'd be selling a lovely Monaco 172 in a few weeks.. we exchanged details and began talking about the car and all sounded good so I agreed to take it off his hands and that's where the loooooooooooooooooong wait started haha,

he never received the V5 after buying it from the previous chap so we waited for that.. never turned up.. So he had to re apply for it and pretty much 9 weeks after agreeing to buy it, its now home with me!!

Really happy with it, had a spirited drive down some country roads near me on the way home, good fun!!
Largely standard : Prospeed exhaust, ITG panel filter, Eibach springs. wont be messing around it really, leave it standard-ish

Here's some pics that Daniel sent me.
image2.jpg

image.jpg

image3.jpg

Cheers,
Dave

Evening all,

As per title, I picked up my Clio today! Its been a long time coming as I was messed around by a couple of people and was loosing hope of finding one that I wanted, I popped up a thread asking about dephasers and it progressed into talking about not being able to find one when a PM came through from @Daniel saying he'd be selling a lovely Monaco 172 in a few weeks.. we exchanged details and began talking about the car and all sounded good so I agreed to take it off his hands and that's where the loooooooooooooooooong wait started haha,

he never received the V5 after buying it from the previous chap so we waited for that.. never turned up.. So he had to re apply for it and pretty much 9 weeks after agreeing to buy it, its now home with me!!

Really happy with it, had a spirited drive down some country roads near me on the way home, good fun!!
Largely standard : Prospeed exhaust, ITG panel filter, Eibach springs. wont be messing around it really, leave it standard-ish

Here's some pics that Daniel sent me.
image2.jpg

image.jpg

image3.jpg

Cheers,
Dave

Imo a cup spoiler and silver non cup packed 182 alloys would finish that off.

Monaco 172
How you getting on with it Dave?

Hey ya @Daniel it's going good mate, really enjoying it. surprised on the fuel economy, only used 1/4 tank getting back to Portsmouth from yours, been driving around this week seeing people and commuting to work and I'm at half a tank now, impressed.
Getting used to the clutch haha. And I noticed a droning coming from the passenger side of the dash and with the ignition on but engine off.. Couldn't figure it out where it was coming from, so popped the bonnet and the throttle body was making a high pitch noise as well. I was thinking "I've bought a lemon here arrrrghhh" logged on here and searched the noises and found the drone to be the interior light fan thing, and all the throttle bodies make that noise haha. Calm was restored. Happy man. And all my clothes smell of that über strong air freshner!!

Dave.

clio 172 cup
When I got mine a couple of weeks ago the air freshener that was in there smelt like toilet duck now got my traffic light air freshener old skool cool baby

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Daniel, did you have the exhaust done or was it on before you had it?
What the f**k has it got to do with you?

It was already on the car. It's a world famous prospeed exhaust. It's an absolute work of art and the noise is only just a smidge louder than standard. Best exhausts for these cars IMO. And his workmanship is nothing short of perfection.

(Prospeed exhausts, Cardiff)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
What the f**k has it got to do with you?

It was already on the car. It's a world famous prospeed exhaust. It's an absolute work of art and the noise is only just a smidge louder than standard. Best exhausts for these cars IMO. And his workmanship is nothing short of perfection.

(Prospeed exhausts, Cardiff)

lmao Dan piss off :p
He done the recess to I presume?