ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Neat ipod/iphone install

Clio 197
I am looking at mounting my iphone either on the dash by the clock or either side of the steering wheel somewhere. Maybe infront of the handbrake.

I'd like to do it without using a bulky holder from a shop and would hard wire in a charging lead. I am doing this due to having sat nav on it and would like it charging, otherwise it does not last long.

Has any one done this to a Clio 3 or has any one been thinking of doing it?

Any help appreciated and will post pictures as I do mine.

Monaro VXR
You can get some pretty small holders for the iPhone.

I have a brodit mount with a holder for it in my C4. Hooks into my Alpine head unit for charging, audio and video playback.

Clio one doesn't look quite as tidy as there is no trim like in mine for it to clip behind. But it is easily removable. Anyway as they just clip in.

653796-4.jpg

Then just a case of finding a small mount to attach it to the iPhone. Brodit do a few again but might be too big for what you want.

I got mine from http://www.dsldevelopments.com/

Thing with them is they are quite pricey but as said no need to make holes or anything in the dash they just clip on.

A tunepoint has usb ipod an aux you can hide it in the glovebox it conects though the changer port an can control it on the colum mtaudio may have a cheaper option as they are very expensive

Clio 197
i dont need it to connect to the stereo. I just want my iphone on display neatly to charge and to be able to see the satnav on it. would hide the cables etc...

I might just settle for the tomtom holder for it. Seems the best looking.

Oh I see tomtom mount looks a really nice peice of kit if you can justify the price

Sorry i thought i was in the post about iPods into a megane :eek:

Clio 197
Oh I see tomtom mount looks a really nice peice of kit if you can justify the price

Sorry i thought i was in the post about iPods into a megane :eek:

True, but I dont mind cos it's got the hands free and better GPS. If i mount it myself then i'll buy a bluetooth hands free.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Probably not what your looking for as it doesn't charge it, although it is well placed for plugging in the car charger which is what i do.

Got it on ebay for about £5, holds the iphone next to the stereo. I have them connected by bluetooth for music/calls and its really handy having it right next to you and really clear to see it too. Also rotates for sat nav use.

SV100666.jpg

SV100671.jpg

Attached with a strong 3M sticky pad, so no screws meaning when you sell the car it doesn't look like a reps used it.

SV100672.jpg

Sorry about the poor pictures, iphone does look bright when its in place.

Monaco 53/468
jenic - that looks good, how thick is the surround the phone sits in? The reason I ask is because I will still need to use my Belkin FM thingy that plugs into the bottom, do you think it would still plug in whilst in this cradle?

oh and will the phone fit in with a thin case on the back?

cheers

Steve

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
jenic - that looks good, how thick is the surround the phone sits in? The reason I ask is because I will still need to use my Belkin FM thingy that plugs into the bottom, do you think it would still plug in whilst in this cradle?
I think it would, it is only thin and doesn't cover much of the bottom of the phone up. An itrip would easily attach, presume yours is similar.

I went for it as it was the only alternative to those ugly long windscreen holders.