ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a few tips on making the 172 look mint :)

PH2 172
Hi guys, I know there's probably a thread somewhere but can't find it on tapatalk, I've recently bought, clay bar kit, paint renovator, SRP and wax, and would like to know best order n stuff to use them,
thanks in advance Spence

RB Clio 182
Tbh i find that its the final touches make the most difference, i.e, tyre gel, rubbers, arches & trims restored, glass cleaned, exhaust and badges polished and a final wipedown with a good lsp.

Without these, it looks s**t.

PH2 172
damn auto correct, *pristine and my little lad doesn't dare touch the glass ;) I get my car back Thurs night so I've booked Friday to give it a serious clean engine bay the lot so I'll post a few pics when im done

PH2 172
Ah I've got some meguiars Ultimate liquid wax, was told this is good for sealing the car, I've got some megs deep crystal carnauba wax aswell, so if I put the carnauba on well, then use the ultimate liquid wax to seal it( if I do it well) it should look mint?

Astra VXR NBG ED
Tbh it's all in the prep and not what products and how much you spend on products!

Tar removal fallout removal and tree sap etc with clay bar/mitt after a good prewash will give you a good base to start protecting assuming you haven't marred the paint badly whilst claying

PH2 172
Yeah I've got some clay bars and the and the lube for them, so I might try them out on the car im driving atm first as its a shed anyway just to get the feel for it and get used to the pressure I need to use when removing tar etc without marking the paint

Astra VXR NBG ED
Yeah I've got some clay bars and the and the lube for them, so I might try them out on the car im driving atm first as its a shed anyway just to get the feel for it and get used to the pressure I need to use when removing tar etc without marking the paint

Any "shed" can be made to look a decent motor with a good clean :)

Use a tar remover before clay ( and fallout remover) therefore your clay is only taking tiny tar spots your remover has missed along with tree sap and general crud bonded to the car!

Removing the tar with clay with almost definitely result in marring! Not so bad if your machining afterwards, just less to concentrate on and risk of dragging it across the surface leaving odd scratches

PH2 172
I'll have to take a trip to the car shop then Thursday for some of that thanks, oh this car will never look good its an Xreg 1.4 'sport?' yellow megane coupe every panel is a different colour, with loads of laquer peel its horrendous, just been borrowing whilst mines belts are being done, and taxing etc, what you've said about the clay and tar remover is much appreciated mate :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Claying can cause some horrific damage if not used properly so go very careful.

PH2 172
Haha no chance, id end up putting some nice big scratches in it, deffo gonna use the super shed as a test dummy