ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need a new lens...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok i have joined a company doing studio and location work, with models etc, fasion, art, portraits and some other stuff...

anyway i need a new lens would be perfect around a 17 or 18 to 80ish mm or maybe more or less but no less than 50 and around a f2.8 saying that i dont need an overly fast lens as its all flash work...

any suggestions???

nikon fit too :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hnmm shall have a look any more recomendations??

was looking at the sigma 17-80mm f2.8 i think it is but 740ish retail is a bit off putting..

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
From everything I have used in the past, the Tamron 17-50 2.8 came out trumps. Bit short but fashion and portraits, 85mm prime.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Hey James,

Little tip, which I'm sure you probably know, when shooting models I use the longest lens I can get away with this way it makes them look less fat, obviously with more glass you have the more flash you need so you may blind the model but she will be very happy when she sees a photo which don't make her look fat. You may also have to stand across the road in order to get the shot you want but it's worth it.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
studio i am working in mainly is very tight on space, otherwise i would stick to primes... shot at 20mm mostly the other day and switched to 50mm a few times but i just want something thats good and saves me messing about...