ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a quick answer please

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Hi all i'm looking at a 172 cup and got a deal for £2800 as he is short for cash and needs it gone for this weekend!.

Its a 03 blue 172 cup in good condition with part service history and 90k on the clock. the cup wheels are in shite condition and need a re-furb and two tyres need replacing plus a tiny mark on the front bumper. Other than that it's in good nick but just waiting for a test drive this week if i deceide to drive down and buy it.

Ok does it seem like a good deal and is there any thing i should look out for when buying? I have driven one 182 before.

I need a quick answer because i have to ring him in 30 mins lol.

Kev

a turbo'd yellow car
with that amount of miles you need to know if the belts on the engine have been replaced in the services! sounds like a good price! go on pistonheads.com and check what cups are goin for on there so you have a ruff idea! 45qid a wheel to get ferbed! or you could just buy my 182cup wheels hehe! um what elss! all cars have scuffs and chips! can be sorted at a later date! if you want good tyres you are looking at 90-120! whens tax and mot run out? 115qid for 6months tax

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Cheers for the quick reply mate, tax runs out this weekend and it has 6 months mot left on it. i will ring in a few mins to check wether the belts have been changed or not.

The wheels dont put me off the gf will drive it anyway lol. is there any think i should check when driving it and do they have common funny noises to listen out for?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Check the boot floor mate, they crease like fook if it has it up the arse, other things to look for when you lift the bonnet there should be a row of warning / info decals stuck on the black plastic grill top, if there missing its not original!

Belts arent a MAJOR issue really! Cup is quicker and easier to do!!

It will feel different to a 182!

a turbo'd yellow car
Cheers for the quick reply mate, tax runs out this weekend and it has 6 months mot left on it. i will ring in a few mins to check wether the belts have been changed or not.

The wheels dont put me off the gf will drive it anyway lol. is there any think i should check when driving it and do they have common funny noises to listen out for?

well just have an ear out for any nocks and squeeks and try and pin point where and when they coming from! older engines will tap alot louder than others so don't wurry! just check for rust under the wheel arch and that the saspention looks intact! is the car standard or had things done? you just need to ask whats been done in the service and id get it checked buy the aa or someone like that so you know it hasn't bin in a crash or had any faults!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
it has a filter and exhaust fitted to it but dont know what make yet. the oil has been changed every 6 months i will ring the bloke now, i've just had my chinese:)

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
just for all really. i got a great deal on some tyres from www.etyres.co.uk. four 17" yoko's for £330 and they come to you to fit them.

check them out.

sounds like a good deal on the cup though mate, see how it drives.

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
no problem, i thought there must be a catch but certainly couldnt recommend them enough. saved me at least £120 on the next cheapest quote.

and best thing is that you dont even need to leave home or work, they come to you.

a turbo'd yellow car
exactly! save yourself evan more! getting some new trophy speedlines 2morrow but putting my tyres off my cup wheels on them! :D

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Right had a good chat to craig and he is a member on here!

he says the cam belt was changed at 69k it's now on 91k, the altornator tensioner belt hasbeen done too. 6 months mot, no tax, 172 alloys and the megane alloy that are on it now aswell with good tyres, so i can get the others refurbed.

It has a scorpian exhaust fitted and pipercross filter fitted too:)

Here is a few pics of the back does anybody reconise the plate!

DSCF0684.jpg

the scratch
DSCF0680.jpg

DSCF0682.jpg

DSCF0681.jpg

sorry these are the only pics on phobucket at the mo

a turbo'd yellow car
buy buy buy! got the 182 spoiler aswel which would cost you 150! if its had all that work done then its cheep as chips! tax and those scuffs would bring it to 3k! very very good! :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
buy buy buy! got the 182 spoiler aswel which would cost you 150! if its had all that work done then its cheep as chips! tax and those scuffs would bring it to 3k! very very good! :approve:

Er, what car you think gave the 182 its 'Cup' spoiler....... Clue is in the name ;)

Also to the thread maker, you do know them wheels are not Cup ones in the pics? They should be 16" speedline Turinis

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
well not exactly 2800 cash because i'm px my car plus £800. i sold my type r and bought a cheap 206 gti for the gf, but i miss the ctr so will try the cup for a fraction of the ctr if that makes sense lol.
i paid over 3000 for the pug a few months ago and is proberly worth the same amount really but i want the cup so have offerd 800 aswell.

a turbo'd yellow car
whoops my bad!

read the thread he says the alloys are off a megane and the cup speedlines are off ready for a refurb!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ah saw that futher down the page :)

Make sure they look like these (my old un)

cup1206023-1.jpg

a turbo'd yellow car
well not exactly 2800 cash because i'm px my car plus £800. i sold my type r and bought a cheap 206 gti for the gf, but i miss the ctr so will try the cup for a fraction of the ctr if that makes sense lol.
i paid over 3000 for the pug a few months ago and is proberly worth the same amount really but i want the cup so have offerd 800 aswell.

have the cup over a type r or gti anyday! quicker and handles better than both! still the price sounds rite! maybe nock him for the tax as you cant drive her away when you buy

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph

have the cup over a type r or gti anyday! quicker and handles better than both! still the price sounds rite! maybe nock him for the tax as you cant drive her away when you buy

The tax runs out sunday so will pick it up saturday:)

a turbo'd yellow car

The tax runs out sunday so will pick it up saturday:)

still be cheeky and ask for your pug and £700 as you have to tax the car the next day! still sounds like a great little swop! will youn be getting both sets of wheels?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
deal falling through, i have offerd 2750 cash instead of the px with both sets of wheels and will pick up tomoz, but he is saying he has been offered 2850.

2500 is my limit it will cost a day wage of work and 60 petrol to drive up, then 100 tax on sunday.

I just hope he is trying to play me because i want it:mad:

a turbo'd yellow car
sell your girlfriend for a night! that will get you the cash as this is a grate lil buy! why aint you swopping the carnow?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
just bought a 172 cup

Bad news the clio sold this morning but i got some good news...........................i just bought a 03 172 cup with frsh on 44k for £3000 with 6 months tax.

I pick it up tomoz morning it seems a great little car:cool: it has a 182 bumper and exhaust too.

The only problem it seems to have is starting it straight up. When you put the key in the ignition a red light stays on on the dash and wont start untill you turn the ignition back off and then on again then it starts fine??

Any ideas

a turbo'd yellow car
? got me there! maybe to do with a senser on the zorst he has pit on! take it to a garage and get them to plug it into a comp to see what the fault is!