ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**need colour code** 172

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

inside drivers door on the b pillar, oval sticker.. take the number off it and give it to renault, there are a few but is one of the ones in the middle.

agghhhhh this sticker is not there!!!

can sum 1 with the same colur car be kind enough 2 help me finding this info out please ...wud appichate it....

thanks chris

Sorry mate, just been out and looked at the sticker on the drivers door pillar, got 2 stickers but couldnt see anything that resembled a colour code - sorry !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well, for a start ask for spray cans not touch up paint.

Second the renault cans are smaller than ones you get from places like halfords, so the most 1 can would do would be a wing.. so your gonna need a few cans of it.

When you order either the spray paint or the touch up paint you get a 2nd can of laquer with it (makes sense really doesnt it).

Cant remember the price for spray paint off hand.

You must have an oval plate? Its on the door pillar..drivers side.

The paint code and batch is the second number down on the right within the oval.

-Rob

where can i get these spray cans from any spray shop or will i have 2 go 2 my renault dealer-------------

**KDF is yours an iceberg silver model**

so i just quote the code 640 telling them what it is 4...and need in spray can

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes, err cant remember if mine is iceberg or titanium.. thats terrible I cant remember.. someone on here will be able to tell you straigt away lol..

Just get it at your local renault dealer.

As Rob says you really should have an oval sticker in the drivers door. I would be worried about my car if it didnt.

Clio v6

Found using search

oval plate sticker on o/s b post - in the oval ring its the 3rd line down on the l/h/s - may start with a couple of letters - eg NV640

Just a little word of warning.

When I got my nice new Iceberg Silver Mk2 172 back in May 2002, 13 days later some idiot on a petrol forecourt drove into the back of me. Gutted.

Not much damage, rear bumber needed replacing and some small repair required underneath. When the repair shop (recommended by my insurer, DirectLine) told me the car was ready, the bumper was a different colour - iceberg silver, but not MY iceberg silver. They had ordered the correct paint/batch variant, but it still didnt match. Eventually after some arguing, they agreed to get it colour matched by manufacturer, so they sent off my petrol flap to ICI. Turns out ICI no longer make the original Iceberg, but a "new" version of it instead!!!! Considering my car was only 13 days old, seems a bit mean to discontinue the paint.

Incidentally, the paint shop fella said paint from the same batch may still not match anyway, depends on how long its stored etc.

Good luck.