ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need for Speed Shift UK Review

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It's not really a sim like the GTR games, it's like half way between with a strange physics model.

It's enjoyable enough though, very pretty.

I'll take some screen grabs in a bit

It is odd actually. The career mode seems pretty addictive actually. You get to drive a pretty big range of cars in the first 15 races or so which is nice.

Also the Nurburgring is pretty realistic compared to alot of other games. Seems to convey the hills and bumpyness of the circuit pretty well.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I think they should have stuck with the Underground series tbh imho.... From Need For Speed Underground 2, the series has just got worse with every incarnation imho & after reading up on the new Shift, I think I'll not be buying that either.

Not a 320d
lol i was running a GT2 with everything on it, got bored though and went back to tier 2, impreza with all L2 and 3 upgrades along with all race parts and aero dynamics. SOUNDS f**king insane lol.

Not a 320d
In fact, i might go as far as saying im now enjoying this more than forza 2. Shift just makes Forza 2 feel like a girls game. Its such a raw game, not exactly realistic, as some people have said already the physics are ..... different, and it has a few niggles but after a few hours on it you look past them. Great game.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm loving it, got a monster of an Evo9, Hauls arse on tier 2. Also have a tasty elise that with the aid of nos can beat a viper, wahey.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a works R34 GTR, and a played with Mustang.. both rather rapid

Both painted in chrome pink :p

Oh and a matt black drift slut E36 M3

i got this off a "mate" early on pc :p
a heads up if anyone buys/whatever to pc version if it crashes during a start of a race you need to update the physx driver thingy :)

i need L3 upgrades!!! im going to tame down my z4m for a bit

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Just watched a few of the trailers. Look ok actually. Some good tracks like road america and seca... some cool cars too like the Zonda R and even a meggysport, lol!! Still no sure.

Having a few crashes... doesn't seem to be any rhyme or rhythm to them, no bluescreen, just hangs the PC.

mine was a crash to the desktop with no error messages. is it out on pc yet? think ill hand over some hard earned to play online :rasp: just unlocked level 3 and the works package oh my!

insignia
I just returned this pile of crap for the ps3.what a joke,the handling is totally flawed,the cars look like there on a pole turning in the centre of the screen,lucky ive got Dirt 2,now that is a game! i cannot believe the good reviews this game got, they are clearly not deserved

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got the demo today and sync'd it up with the G25. First impressions are that its very pretty indeed - so much so that I was struggling to get over 40fps without turning down some of the graphical options.

The default steering settings are truly shocking - who the hell set them up for the G25? :S So much as a half inch turn either way, resulted in what seemed a 90 degree yank on direction. I was forever see-sawing - even on the straights. I tweaked the steering, but then the car transformed itself into the QE2 - not wanting to move a foot of direction without loads of steering input.

I'll try and get the balance just right and get a proper feel for the game. As it is, I would like a development team created with the NFS bods design ability, combined with Simbin's attention to detail. What a driving game we would have then....:approve:

D.

First game I've bought for the PS3 and I've had the damn thing a year.

First impressions are it's very, very pretty, sound is immense and the handling is very unrealistic ha.

Good game though, Career mode is addictive and i've just hit tier 3 woo! :cool:

Is there a way to try a car before you buy!?

not that i know off.
ive got and ruined the game :( i got a real save to go through the career and a cheated save:eek: a million quid and most of the cars unlocked and theyre very hard to drive!! way too fast for any track (thats level 4+)

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
how the hell do u play it online???

everytime try to connect it says you must log in to ea nation!?! how the hell do i do that?

Mate bought this today, and I'm glad he did. Saved me £30ish as I can't believe how rubbish the game is. Quite disappointed, we'd nearly finished it on Pro within a couple of hours lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
rented this for the week as i wasn't sure what it would be like and its much better than i thought it would be, very pick up and play.

Got a 350bhp megane sport in chrome pink at the mo and bought a white LP560 wheni started T2 without realising i can't use it as its a t3 car lol, so back to the megane.

Once you get used to the handling (like any driving game when you first play it i guess as they are all differnt) its class.

Highlight so far is the invitational race with the veyron around the ring, wow is all i can say, amazing car to race the ring in, sooooooo fast!

And I call billy bullshit to gaz nearly finishing it on pro in a few hours, that is fecking impossible, no way whatsover ever i'm afraid, you haven't even touched the game in a few hours with all the levels to get up to, i'm on lever 11 after about 5 hours of play and there are 50 levels each one harder to get etc.

So stop bullshitting Gaz.

not that i know off.
ive got and ruined the game :( i got a real save to go through the career and a cheated save:eek: a million quid and most of the cars unlocked and theyre very hard to drive!! way too fast for any track (thats level 4+)

Ha.

PM code?

CBA with this much longer! :dapprove:

dk

911 GTS Cab
We got to tier 4 dude
lol, thats very easy to do, you get to that from your tier points, not your levels, i think i got to tier 4 after being on level 8 maybe, and there's 50 levels, and to complete the game you would need to get all the trophies on all the races, you haven't even touched the surface really, just opened up the tiers to let you play in most areas of the game, not even a quarter of the way through though.

The more i play it the more i like it.

lol, thats very easy to do, you get to that from your tier points, not your levels, i think i got to tier 4 after being on level 8 maybe, and there's 50 levels, and to complete the game you would need to get all the trophies on all the races, you haven't even touched the surface really, just opened up the tiers to let you play in most areas of the game, not even a quarter of the way through though.

Level 10 and getting bored...

Fair enough, I wasn't paying attention to all this levels stuff. I hated the handling physics, thought that "blur" thing when you crash was naff, and the drift events were shockingly poor lol. It seemed very easy to progress through the tiers & races. I mean 1 & 2 lap races, WTF!

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm, the blur i think is a good idea, at least if you crash you get penalised etc, by being shaken up.

the handling does need a bit of getting used to, i'm still not sure about it but it has become easier to handle as i have gone through. Its no forza but then its not trying to be, its an arcade racer.

not done any drift races yet, will be soon so i'll comment then i guess, anyway good bit of fun for £6 hire, doubt i will buy it, could just rent it again for a week.

It was just so weird, they handled a lot better in NFSU. I had been playing Forza 2 earlier in the day which probably didn't help lol. And how much of a c**t is manual transmission with them being above the accelerator and brake. That was quite hard to operate lol.

The OH bought me this while she shopping on Saturday as a surprise, aww.

I stuck it in for 15 mins, then decided to play NFS Shift.

I wasn't impressed with it, and within 1 hour I was back at Asda getting a credit note, and decided to buy her Mario Kart for the Wii as there is nothing out I wanted.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer i got this at the weekend not very impressed either tbh, the handling is very sensitive, loading screens take forever, just not very keen on it tbh but its growing on my slowly but i this is just used to fill the time untill forza lol

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I just turned it off because i was gettin so angry with it bloody invitational event with the GT40 and Doge i did it in the end but need a break the handling is really getting to me bring on forza 3