ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need for Speed Shift UK Review

57 Clio Campus Sport
Handling vastly improves if you mod car, I did full mods on a cayman and drives pretty well now and rapide

insignia
Handling vastly improves if you mod car, I did full mods on a cayman and drives pretty well now and rapide

The handling is bloody awful what a waste of £35. Lucky I got my money back. EA tricked everyone with the reviews people gave it after being payed off, thats all I can think. The cars handle like boats ona pole in the middle of a screen more like a ps2 game.a crap one

The handling is bloody awful what a waste of £35. Lucky I got my money back. EA tricked everyone with the reviews people gave it after being payed off, thats all I can think. The cars handle like boats ona pole in the middle of a screen more like a ps2 game.a crap one

+1

I think NFS has had it's day, not what it used to be.

Golf
Got this yesterday and at first i thought it was crap, car handling was really poor but i stuck with it and after a few races i got used to it. It should keep is entertained for a few weeks

After sticking with it im enjoying it.

As for the drifting then the E36 M3 is the only real option. Don't know what its like with a controller but if anyone is playing this on PC then turn the Logitech settings (G25) to 200 degrees and its a piece of piss. Really fun.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i think its a very fun game and very pick up and play.

the problem with most people is that they want it to be forza.........which its not, you'll have to wait a little longer for that one!

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Well i haven't read this thread but having just played this i can confirm it is terrible,Handling is still classic NFS comical.
Think ill stick to GT5P.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Finishes the world tour thing at the end but missed out most of tier 3 and all of tier 4 and at level 27 or something.

insignia
Well i haven't read this thread but having just played this i can confirm it is terrible,Handling is still classic NFS comical.
Think ill stick to GT5P.

I totally agree after returning the game back to asda after an hours play.I have a Ps3 and this is by far the worst game I have ever played.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i have it on pc with my G25, and i am a hardcore sim racer, gtr 2, gtr evo, iracing etc. and mine crashes whilst loading the races so i get to do about a race every 30mins after resetting my pc 10 times, but i thought it wasnt bad at all, untill i brought the e46 and did it up to find that its so twitchy trying to drive in a straight line made me think i was playing prostreet on crack again! its the same as pro street, fun when the cars arnt to pokey then EA gets carryed away and lets you have 6000000bhp and as soon as you press nos button you have crashed into everything on the screen 10 times!

f**k you EA!

anyway, if you want some realism, forza is nice, but f**k all to gtr 2 or gtr evo with the G25!

The Beast MK4
Ive actually found it very enjoyable, on the last series bit and has been filling up the days leading to Fifa 10. :)

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Demo's w**k!! Graphics are pretty, but which bin did they pull the pyschic's engine from!? Spa is undrivable IMO.

Toyota MR2
its a good game!!! just takes 2 or 3 rounds to get used to the steering. Very easy game to play. and play well. im loving it! half game complete in 6 hours lol

MKIII 138
plesantly suprised with this game.

its not a serious simulation nor is it a half way house like forza 3. but it is really great fun and generally thats what gaming is about.

id like to see it running full whack on a pc tbh the experience would be even more intense.

I liked: When you hit something in 'incar' view and the driver and camera get punched forward!

I disliked: Everything else!

mk5 fiesta zetec s
lol i gave it a chance played to level 20 or so. trying to convince myself that i hadnt wasted my hard earned cash. but i was wrong. auto modelista was fukin awesome ;)

MKIII 138
I know a lot of people are getting into real simualtion now, even the people who used to like project gotham.

to me this handles as fun and arcadey as project gotham, it doesnt have the same game feel or style of course but for arcade fun i rekon it will be worth buying when it become very cheap for a laugh

insignia
plesantly suprised with this game.

its not a serious simulation nor is it a half way house like forza 3. but it is really great fun and generally thats what gaming is about.

id like to see it running full whack on a pc tbh the experience would be even more intense.

the horrible handling and game physics stops this game from being anything but fun,do not waste your money on this game.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I downloaded the demo last night and was surprised that I enjoyed it. Lovely graphics and after a lap or two the controls and handling are not bad at all.