ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need Help, Speedo going mad

clio 172 cup
hi,
Need help asap..

Right, when I pull off and whenever I use the throttle the speedo goes mad . It bounces round and if i put my foot down slightly it will go off the clock and stay there! It only reads normal when I let my foot off, most of the time. Also when the speedo goes mad the headlights dim along with stereo and dash back-light, and most mornings the battery flat. I had some gearbox problems recently so had to have gearbox reconditioned if that helps. Any advise would be appreciated, Thanks

Its a 52 plate 172 cup on about 82K btw.

ph1 black 172
battery flat most mornings????? how do you start it??

if you are jump starting etc. then first get a new battery, then see what happens.

clio 172 cup
Ive got a spare battery i use or jump start it off another car. The bloke from garage where i had gearbox done said to get a new battery so I got a heavy duty one from auto spares, the car seems a little more responsive and a tad quicker but speedo's still got a mind of its own. thanks

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Ive got a spare battery i use or jump start it off another car. The bloke from garage where i had gearbox done said to get a new battery so I got a heavy duty one from auto spares, the car seems a little more responsive and a tad quicker but speedo's still got a mind of its own. thanks

The car wont be more responsive or quicker from having a new battery! LOL!!!