ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need more power help!!!!!!!

hay all i love my 172 flamer mk2 2 bits, but my mate are all gettin new cars with more power, bhp/turbos, i dnt want 2 spend silly money on a new car, so wots my options????? i was thinkin of squeezin a new engine in e.g. magane 225 cud this be dun??? wot engine wud be best????? give more ur imput plz

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
remap, decat, cold air feed, 182 manifold and you could prob push around mid to high 180 mark that would cost you about 800 quid depending on how handy you are and what bargains you can find! or throttle bodies for around 2.5 3k fitted would see you get about just below 200bhp. or if all else fails strip it out! i dont think theres space for a megane 225 engine iirc if your going for n engine change there was a audi 1.8 turbo fitted to one on here n that was rapido! few custom mounts and stuff wher required tho i think

cheers bud, id love a turbo engine but 4 how much it wud cost, id thort maybe i cud drop an already turbod engine in, wot about a corsa vxr, wud that fit lol wonder wot options i have, im not 2 fused about the cash, id love 2 start a project

Megan could be done fred tried it.

the audi 1.8t has been done a few times now and for the money and tunning optons popular due to its massive amount of uses however it still costs a fortune to do

best option is sell up buy a turbo car and strip it IMO

other tunning it throttle bodies etc add up price wise and per £ its not cheap or give huge gains

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you go for £3k on a ITB conversion, of £5k on a turbo conversion, your wasting your money imo.

The 172s are pretty much as good as they can be.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
if money aint an option pop by t-ktec theyll turbo it for the grand bargan price of about 6 or so K. or if your not worried about the cash sell up and get some thing quicker!

PH1 172 Sport
Megane engine fits but the gearbox doesn't IIRC. Just turbo the stock engine if you want.

Who really cares if your mates have quicker cars anyway? I expect you get better MPG and if your still having fun does it mattter? I would save the 2-6k its going to cost to get any decent power and put it towards another car.

clio 172 cup
how much u think an engine out of a vxr will cost nd to fit? more than a turbo'd car.
either strip it of about 100+kg of weight and put throttle bodies on it for 3k u will have a car with power to weight probs better than your mates

wot cud i get out of an 1.8t audi bhp????? n how much wud it cost ish, i just want a turbo, whooooosh lol

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
not normal norm had one of here i cant member wat he had around 230bhp wasnt it? alll i herd was it was silly quick! search it mate youll find it. not cheap though alot of custom fabrication went into it i think

PH1 172 Sport
not normal norm had one of here i cant member wat he had around 230bhp wasnt it? alll i herd was it was silly quick! search it mate youll find it. not cheap though alot of custom fabrication went into it i think

400+ BHP I think.

wot cud i get out of an 1.8t audi bhp????? n how much wud it cost ish, i just want a turbo, whooooosh lol
how much have you got 800 has been done
how much u think an engine out of a vxr will cost nd to fit? more than a turbo'd car.
either strip it of about 100+kg of weight and put throttle bodies on it for 3k u will have a car with power to weight probs better than your mates
engine won't be cheap no point going for the vxr realy over any other engine
425 i think when he finished it was claimed started at 280ish but hd 1.9 then big turbo etc for the big hp final figure

well i hardly use it i cud put it of the road and just thro my cash into it, i havnt got alot, but im on good money and dnt hav owt 2 pay out 4, so moneys available weekly, id love 2 do this, iv dun a serch but cant find it,

well i hardly use it i cud put it of the road and just thro my cash into it, i havnt got alot, but im on good money and dnt hav owt 2 pay out 4, so moneys available weekly, id love 2 do this, iv dun a serch but cant find it,

What do you fancy to do?

R56 JCW

400+ BHP I think.

I remember he got it running to 500+ at one point, that thing was silly, been in it :evil: But then ur spending mega money on a bigger turbo, extra stuff etc, if u wanna msg him and ask him questions im sure hell answer them hes a good bloke and knows he stuff

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Really suggest you buy something with cheaper tuning potential than spend money out on tuning N/A it's costly as I found out.:eek:

Turbo or Super charged, makes alot more sense with wallet.:)

i would say strip the car and get a decent handling setup. coilys and good tyres etc. they wont touch you in the corners then :p
or just get a meggy sport

Ph1
^^As above.

Forget turbo's and TB's, the charger route is the future way forward for the Clio Sport world of engine modding and its going to be cheapish too by the looks of it.

2 companys nearing production i belive.

VAG group 20v turbo engine is good but the expense is only for the hardcore unless your handy with a spanner.

White Evo V
Stick with the clio, I sold my old 172 to get an rx7 and had endless problems so I sold that and got a scooby and also had endless problems so I sold that and bought a supra and also had endless problems! Turbod cars are a waste of time, too much to go wrong, ive learnt my lesson and bought another 172, youll be gutted when you sell it, and ask ya mates if they can beat you round a track because nothing ive had can take corners as quick as my 172. If you want a faster car dont mess about with the clio, sell it and buy a faster car but I bet a year down the line when you see a clio sport thrashing down the road il guarentee you will miss it!

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
You dont want to spend silly money on a new car?

It will be cheaper than tuning the 172 for not as much power and more problems..

If you want a "turbo" buy a turbo charged car and save yourself problems.

Ph1
You dont want to spend silly money on a new car?

It will be cheaper than tuning the 172 for not as much power and more problems..

If you want a "turbo" buy a turbo charged car and save yourself problems.

How many Turbo'd 172's / 182's have had problems on here? Can only think of one and that was to do with the owner cranking up the boost by double.

They do appear to be no worse, reliability wise than any other type of conversion tbh.

The cost is the main issue but if you love your car then why not? Its not exactly a new thing extracting big power from a shopping car and spending big money is it?, folk have been doing it for years on Vauxhalls, Fords, etc etc etc so why should the Clio be any different..

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Well i spose if you love your car and your happy to spend that amount of money.

Mind you when your saying will a corsa vxr or megane engine fit we have got to be talking some serious money.

All personal preference.