ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new front shocks, Please Help!!

Clio RS 172 Mk1
Need new front shocks for 172, Please Help!!

I drive a MK1 172 Clio Sport 2001 model, and i'm desprately looking for 2 replacement front shocks, as it seems my one shock has seized and the cars drive is very harsh, none of our local stealers have any stock available and have to order it from France!! Which could take forever!

Can anyone point me in the right direction or have a spare set lying around, I'm in South Africa and need to get hold of a set a.s.a.p. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
  RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I have a brand new set. I bought them for my Mk3, but they didn't fit because I have the Cup pack. They are never used Koni's and 2 weeks of age. But I live in Belgium and don't know if I can sent that easyly

To find out you'll both have to measure te spacing on the hub bolts. If if a non cup fitment for the 182 I'm pretty sure they will fit.

Clio RS 172 Mk1
not sure i would be able to do that, is there any other shocks that would be a direct replacement for my stock shocks? maybe even better at round about the same price?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Try ClarkieV6 on here, he did my shocks recently and they didn't take long to come in at all, even if you just order the parts off him..

Or check his website, http://www.carltongarage.fsnet.co.uk/, although I think that's the old one (contact details still the same).

what spacing do the Ph1 172's have?
54mm same as the phase 2 and the none cuped 182's
would they fit my mk1 172 though?
Yep.
not sure i would be able to do that, is there any other shocks that would be a direct replacement for my stock shocks? maybe even better at round about the same price?
Koni are one option but have had some problem leaking before now
Bilstein do a set (they do a few sets the one your'd ant is the b" replacemtns) but IMO they arn't as good as stock.

Clio RS 172 Mk1
thanks a lot Evoo, i've pm'ed clarkie, i take it he fitted new front stock replacement shocks in your car? cos that's what im really after..:)