ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new gearbox?! Or mount? Help!

Iceberg 172
Hello,

posting on here cause hopefully someone will be able to help me. Sorry if this is a repost as I've seen lots of posts about this kind of thing but not really exactly the same issue, and could do with an answer.
I've got an 02 plate phase 2 172 and when I let off the accelerator I can feel play under all three pedals but mostly the clutch only when I hover my foot over it, but when I put my foot on the clutch it stops. However if I put my feet on the brake and clutch at the same time I can still feed something kind of vibrating? Seems to do it more in lower gears, only started last week but it's getting worse every day, seems to be knocking a little now but only if I listen carefully for it, and it's started doing it if I'm just cruising at say 30/40 in 3rd I can feel it whilst slightly accelerating although like I said it's worse when I lift off.
I've been told this is most probably the dogbone but changed my upper gearbox mount & top mounts the other day and checked the dogbone for play and there's no play at all. I understand it's the bushes that go so could this be causing the issue or is it something gearbox related rather than mount related?

Any help appreciated! Thanks,
Amelia :)

Iceberg 172
Scrap this question.. Gonna just replace all my mounts. If it persists after I'll be back for help. Admin you can delete this now :)