ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new phone Nov/Dec

Dynamique Flamer
As above my contract runs out around that time.

Having major issues trying to decided what phone I want next. ATM I pay around £35 a month (phone was free) for unlimited texts and around 500 mins, but I don't actually call anyone tbh

I know the obvious choice is the iPhone but I have looked at their contracts and they are only on around 500 texts, I would send that many in about two days LOL would o2 do deals on them?

What other phones are out there? I have a Samsung Tocco atm thoroughly hate it, regret buying it etc. I just want one that works and I can get on facebook occasionaly

Also if I don't get a iPhone who is the best provider, as I have been on orange a long time.

Dynamique Flamer
Yeah obviously if I got an iPhone I would move to o2, but I think I would go over the contract way too much :dapprove:

You'd have to get a £7.50 unlimited text bolt on.

If you don't use minutes, sign up to the £30 iphone contract that gives you 75mins, 500 texts and unlimited web for £30 a month, add the text bolt on = £37.50 a month.

It is gay that they only allow 500 texts a month, only people with no friends will send less than that.

Dynamique Flamer
So let me get this right, I would pay:

Around £100 for the actual phone
£30 a month contract for 75 mins
£7.50 for unlimited texts

Basically what I am paying now as I won't go over on minutes.

I want one :cool: Just got to find the £100 now! LOL

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I bought an iphone direct from Apple, I didn't use the PAYG sim card that came with it. I just signed up to o2 simplicity.

600 mins
1,200 txts
£20 a month.

The phone was £440 from Apple, but........

Simplicity option (with unlimited web bolt on): Phone for £440 + (18x20) = £800
Contract option: Phone for £184 + (18x35) = £814

Granted, that's minimal difference, but the £35 contract only gets you 600mins and 500 txts.

The simplicity option gives you the txts you want, but it does mean you will have to pull out £440 for the phone (based on the assumption that you want a 16gig iphone).

Simplicity is a one month rolling contract, but I used the 18months as an example to comapare as the contract I looked at was for that long.

Apple have the phones in stock and offer free delivery, I tried a couple of o2 shops and some carphone warehouse shops and nobody had a 16g white 3gs. Apple delivered it in 3 days.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity

a burnt one
iPhone 3G 8GB£96.89£96.89

Incase You are missing something :S

So you didn't look at the link i posted which clearly states a 16GB 3GS is free? provided you take out a 24 month contract.
The phone you mentioned is also free if you take it on the £44.05 a month deal.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
So you didn't look at the link i posted which clearly states a 16GB 3GS is free? provided you take out a 24 month contract.
The phone you mentioned is also free if you take it on the £44.05 a month deal.

at £73.41 a month :eek:

When my contract runs out, I'm going back to simplicity. From now on I'm going to buy phones on payg as I always end up doing anyway.

Contracts are a con.

a burnt one
Well none of that was mentioned previously, you pointed out you needed to find almost £100, i merely said you didn't have to.

a burnt one
Ok, can you please stop. I realise to some people that spreadsheet type table they have made up is confusing but really, it's there in black and white.

16gb iPhone 3GS £44.05 a month.

Look at the 24 month colum.

Dynamique Flamer
I can see that yes, I think people are getting confused between 18/24 month contracts. I suppose I could do a 24 month contract it just seems so long LOL

a burnt one
Well when you are both ready you can stop trying so desperately to prove me wrong.

I said you can get it free which you can, i also said it was the 16Gb 3GS which it is.

Durations and tariff's were never mentioned until that point.

It does seem long but it's an iPhone, it's not like every other handset where after 3 weeks you are seriously tempted to cancel the contract because you are bored of it already.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol i'm wirth gary FFS people.

Buying an iPhone on PAYG then taking out the simplicity tarrif is the cheapeast way long term. well unless you use over 1600 texts?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Ok, can you please stop. I realise to some people that spreadsheet type table they have made up is confusing but really, it's there in black and white.

16gb iPhone 3GS £44.05 a month.

Look at the 24 month colum.

Ah, now I see, never looked at the 24month contract. Never really considered a contract for that long.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Well when you are both ready you can stop trying so desperately to prove me wrong.

lol, not trying to prove you wrong, just didn't read it fully. :rolleyes:

If you want to think that though, then so be it, whatever helps you get through the day. :D

Seriously, the iphone isn't anything special. I'm bored of mine a week in. Forget to charge it one night, and it's an oversized door stop the next day.

a burnt one
lol, not trying to prove you wrong, just didn't read it fully. :rolleyes:

If you want to think that though, then so be it, whatever helps you get through the day. :D

Says you do on the website

iPhone 3G 8GB£96.89£96.89

Incase You are missing something :S

at £73.41 a month :eek:

The £44.05 a month is for the 8gig 3g, you said 16gig 3gs, which you would have to pay £87.11 for the phone on that tarrif. ;);)

You're right, i was obviously imagining it.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
You're right, i was obviously imagining it.

As long as you undestand now, then I suppose there's no harm done :D

Seriously though, I was simply saying what I thought was right at the time. I have since said that I didn't read it fully. :eek:

Believe in your own importance as much as you want, I don't feel as though I have to try to proove some stranger (who I have never (and probably will never) met (possibly not ever converse with again due to the number of members on the site)) wrong.

Life is too short for that. :boring:

koi

Audi S1
will the iphone battery last for the whole 24 months?? especially if it needs charged every night

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Seriously, the iphone isn't anything special. I'm bored of mine a week in. Forget to charge it one night, and it's an oversized door stop the next day.

Yeah damn those phones that self charge.

You mean damn those ordinary phones which have batteries in that are able to last 2-3 days between charges just incase you don't end up going home one night. When I go out at the weekend I have been taking the Nokia just incase.

Dynamique Flamer

FLOL

You mean damn those ordinary phones which have batteries in that are able to last 2-3 days between charges just incase you don't end up going home one night. When I go out at the weekend I have been taking the Nokia just incase.

I charge my phone everynight anyway otherwise the battery doesn't last if I go onto the internet alot