ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new suspension for track car, but which

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a £1000 budget, currently got Gaz GHA full coilovers which are working but rusty as hell.
My only real options are GAZ gold full coilovers, spax standard coilovers or 750 MC version.
I also don't know what spring rates are needed for the best setup.
Does curb weight come into the equation? With a full tank of fuel, fully stripped out and full FIA cage in it weights 1ton. 1.09 with me in it aswell.
Any advice appreciated
20181202_105305.jpg

Spring rate is preference really. Sure the 750 kits come stiffer at the rear when the cup racers used them. What other supporting handling mods do you have roll bars, tyres, negative camber etc?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
No role bar, I have AR1 and r888r, but might try ad48r. 2°camber at the front at the minute. I'm going to fully black Polybush and use the camber adjustable fronts, pms stiffening kits for front and rear. Have pms solid top mounts and strut brace already fitted and cage braces the tops.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah, the ktec series don't run any rear anti roll bars or anything.

They go well too so it must be a decent setup.

BC's DR's are worth a look and come with spring rates of your choice or find a used set of AST's. I'd also fit a RARB for more adjustability.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I could swear I mentioned the BC option mate? They’re where I’d be spending my money if Ast’s weren’t within budget.

Ive just read through our messages and yes yes you did m8. So the question still stands... what spring rate for BC DR? 9kg front 8kg rears?
There doesn't seem to be as much info on them as other. Can they be rebuilt, what drop do you get front and rear?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ive just read through our messages and yes yes you did m8. So the question still stands... what spring rate for BC DR? 9kg front 8kg rears?
There doesn't seem to be as much info on them as other. Can they be rebuilt, what drop do you get front and rear?
Lol!! Thought I was going mad in my old age!!
Go with the 9F and 8R mate. Then it’s all about seat time and getting to grips with the car and dialling it in to suit you. Drop wise I’d say the usual 60mm+ up front and 40/50mm rear. There’s ways and means of getting the rear lower though. Not sure if they can be rebuilt, but replacements are available at sensible prices.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Heres the stuff! For the cost they are rather great value for money. If its a dedicated track day car then 9 or 10kg fronts will be what you need.
BC dont rebuild the dampers. You just get a replacement and swap it for the old one. Ds ones are £120 each currently so about the same cost as you'd get charged for regassing others.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...ilovers-172-182-renaultsport-inc-172-cup.html

Simon@ASTUK

ClioSport Trader
  BMW E30 M3
If you can find the budget, give us a call, or one of our dealers. We will be happy to assist you. It's unfortunate that you missed out on our 4100 sale that finished before Christmas, this would have been right at your price point.

Used AST dampers are serviceable in the UK with 3-5 day turnaround.

OsEtz40.jpg

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question here, what did the ClioCup cars run in terms of suspension and spring rates? Where they aloud to stiffen axels and poly bush and anti role bars?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Quick question here, what did the ClioCup cars run in terms of suspension and spring rates? Where they aloud to stiffen axels and poly bush and anti role bars?
Bilstein race suspension. I'd argue they were too stiff even for most tracks. Made them dramatic to watch though but a softer setup is really needed for 99% of people.