ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some advice please, car in a badway!

Audi S3 225
Hi, i washed my car yesterday for the first time in almost a year, i know I'm an idiot for leaving it so long!! :(

To my shock i have quite a lot of stone chips with 2 on the roof which look like rust has settled inside!!! Also the paintwork isn't smooth at all, lots of black tar and orange marks all over! Ive washed it twice with autoglym shampoo and conditioner with no luck. Also used a tar remover which did hardly anything.

One last thing the brakedust on the wheels is very stubborn, Ive tried the autoglym and turtle wax alloy cleaner both claim to remove brake dust but mine wont budge!

Any tips guys?

Thanks

Allan

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
first thing you need to buy is CLAY! Also buy some AG Tar remover or Tardis. This will remove all the tar/breakdust and leave your paintwork nice and smooth. if you sign up to detailing world im sure you will be able to find a detailer in your area who will do your car. It may cost you about 150-200 pounds though depending on the condition for a proper detail (machine polish etc).

R27, Deep Black
For the alloys buy Bilberry wheel cleaner but don't dilute it! Just use it strong (normally dilute it in a 2:1 ratio roughly depending how strong you need it) Then buy some Poorboys wheel sealant and get about roughly three coats on them!

Also get yourself on www.detailingworld.co.uk and find somebody or buy a machine polisher and try get some practice and sort everything yourself mate.

Claying the car will help alot too matey, Meguires clay kit from Halfrauds £23.99 or something like that will get the paint like a glass!

As for the rust... No idea mate..

PM me if you need any help

mk7 fiesta zs
as above - try neat bilberry. if that does'nt work, try claying the wheels. once they are clean get some sealant / wax on them to protect them and make future cleaning alot easier

Porsche Boxster987S
tbh , with the car in such a bad way and a years worth of neglect id just hand your money over to a pro detailer and ask them to sort it out and protect and get advice on how to maintain it from there

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
tbh , with the car in such a bad way and a years worth of neglect id just hand your money over to a pro detailer and ask them to sort it out and protect and get advise on how to maintain it from there

I would also do this :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't think of anywhere off-hand to take it in/near Dartford.

Failing the pro-detailier route (budget dependant of course) ..

• Snowfoam (thick)
  • Clay it
  • Snowfoam again
  • Polish (AG SRP?)
  • Seal / wax etc..

:cool:

Audi S3 225
Thanks guys, may look at getting it done professionally. Ill pop to halfrauds tomorrow for some clay and see how it goes. Ive spent so much on cleaning products recently and none seem to be any good. Should have read up on here before handing over my cash :(

Porsche Boxster987S
Thanks guys, may look at getting it done professionally. Ill pop to halfrauds tomorrow for some clay and see how it goes. Ive spent so much on cleaning products recently and none seem to be any good. Should have read up on here before handing over my cash :(

the thing is mate , if your wanting to improve the paint without any machines you will make it shine and if clayed properly make it contaminant free. However youll not achieve any correction and could prob end up inflicting more damage to the paint if you dont follow the correct procedures throughout the stages.