ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some advice

Renault Clio MK4 RS
hi all,

Im after slowly making my car into a 172 sports rep. Only problem being i have a 5door so it wont look great compared to a 3door.

Im just wondering will the rear seats fit into my 5door fine? also id need to source some rear door cards that would be the best match to the front sports door cards. I will be having to slowly change the car into a sports rep with first being the 172 wheels in silver/black? or maybe some td pro race 1.2s 15"? Thoughts on this?

Also I think ive seen a few sports reps without the spacers and the wheels looked so far inside the car so im thinking hubcentric 20mm spacers? any advice would be good though!

Then the bumpers...would the front 172 bumper look fine without the 172 wings or would i need to get the wings off a 172 to make it look right? and obviously a 172 rear bumper.

C/C ...Ive been looking at a few 172 spoilers and that shouldnt be hard to get for an ok price to tidy the rear end up a bit more. The side strips would need colour coding and as i have a 5 door i wont be able to find any colour coded bits off a 172 as the bit at the back is longer on the 5 doors(cant explain it well) and then get some c/c door handles? oh and some c/c door mirrors to replace the dull plastic ones.

Anything else i have missed would be good so i know what else i will be needing to get.

Thanks

You need the wings to fit the front bumper, which then means you need the side skirts.

Not sure on the seats though mate.

You need wings and bumper as the bumper won't fit non sport wings without modification

seats shoulf fit ok

Ph2 Clio 172
I'd personally go for 15mm spacers mate, although this is just my opinion. 20mm push them out just a touch too far

Renault Clio MK4 RS
ahh cheers for the advice, atleast i know to get the wings now as was gonna buy the front bumper next month aswell so atleast i know not to now until my funds stretch to get the wings.. and right thats good to know about the spacers, ive got some gmaxx coilovers which im gonna get fitted after winter so the low is there but not putting the lowest it can go as the lowest the rear can go is 120mm which makes the car slammed!