ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need to find the previous owner of a 182 trophy

Hi

Bit of a long shot but need to find the previous owner of a 182 Trophy reg no. RK55 WTZ. If you owned it or know who owned it please get in touch.

thanks

hi

thanx for the replies, the car is being sold via the insurance as it was damaged and only done 600 miles. before i buy this car i want to know exactly what happend to it like exact damage etc.

thanx

182 Trophy
If you post the details on the Clio Trophy web site, including the number 0/500 some one may be able to help. Someone had his stolen on there and I think someone else crashed his, they both got new ones due to the damage.

Clio 197
Here we go again....!!

Insurance writes the car off... and sells it on : no longer the responsibility of the previous owner is it?

Yet people who buy write-offs come here, to seek the previous owners?

It's a total invasion of privacy IMO.

If one doesn't have the previous owners' details.... that is probably because thery are not entitled to that information in the first place.

But welcome to the club anyway :)

Last edited:
  Audi A4
^^^^ disagree, like you said the previous owner has no responsibility, but still doesn't hurt to give some info about the car allows the person buying the car to make a decision on the info given.

I'll always research a car before I buy, and I'll assume alot of other people on the forum do aswell.

yeh disagree too, he probably only wants to know how bad the damage was, if the owner is that bothered then he doesnt need to answer his post does he

here is a post by the original owner "If you require anymore information because you see it on the market and are looking to buy it (at least I presume the insurers will pass it on) then PM me. I will not post any further information here. "

so i guess he's not too bothered about being contacted

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
nothing to do with previous owner, however he doesnt seem to want to bother the previous owner just extract info. as if it is a insurance payout the prev owner wont care too much. but the previous owner may b happy to help

hi omar, sorry if this post has offended you and if the mods decide the post is offencive etc please do remove it.

anyway as you have gathered from the post i am intrested in buying the car and before i do part with any cash i would like to know what sort of damage it has as the descriptions the insurance company give is not always accurate... etc

if the car was a couple of grands worth or a standard spec car i would not have bothered but with something like this i think it best to research the car best i can before i decide to buy it.

once again sorry to omar and anyone else that is offended and to everyone else, thanx for the replies

have a good christmas

Clio 197
Hiya,

Nah, I'm not offended... :)

...but personally I wouldn't want people seeking my details. If I wrote a car off, I wouldn't want anything to do with it, lol! So, my post relates to my own POV.

I know it's a public forum, but I do feel that our privay can be invaded - as it's easy to get contact details etc from other members... :S

TBH, the best thing you can do is inspect the car yourself - (if you're planning on repairing it yourself).

A write-off, with such a new car can only mean it's more trouble than it's worth (if you were planning on getting a garage to fix it).

If it's a Trophy, and the suspension is damaged, you won't be able to get replacement parts for a while... zzzzzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... I'm not sure when Renault plan on doing them.

Good luck!

Lee

BMW M2C
I think I know who previously owned that one, and what happened to it.

If it's the car I'm thinking of the owner is on ClioTrophy.

I once contacted a previous owner of a car which had been written off. I didn't find out until just after I picked the car up. I contacted her and she told me exactly what had happened, so I returned the car and got my money back.

Renault ChaVio
Only a pri©k would react like that. Good luck in your search for information, S1d. I wouldn't be bothered if anyone contacted me about one of the many cars i've owned in the past – actually, as someone who has always been passionate about my cars I'd be quite interested to hear from them.

thanx ant.

lee i think i may have tracked the guy down on the CT forum but no reply as of yet.

i can understand what omar is saying but like i said with a car of this sort it's good to research it before you get in to anything nasty and a car like this each one has got it's own story

Thanx guys for suggesting the CT forum, looks like i have found the owner of it. Have sent him some pictures just to make sure it is the one, but from the description he has given it is the one. Will keep you updated...