ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need to fit my speedo sensor

Hi all,
Speedo started to drop out every now and againso looked like i needed a new sensor...
just recieved my 7700418919 sensor, i understand its on the top of the gearbox, can one one eplain exactly where it is and how easy it is to fit (will i need to jack car up or not etc)? Pic would be even more helpful if anyone has any...

Thanks,

Pug 205 gti
no need to jack the car up buddy, its down the back of the engine by where the manifold an cat join is. 2 min job, unplug it, an yank the sensor out

Pug 205 gti
P1000142-1.jpg

now ya tell me, mine was a b'tard to get out, was stuck solid lol!, came out after 10mins of serious yanking, new one sloted in like a knife through butter though, so much so im worried its not in proper, soon find out though eh, cheers again bud... mine also has a small metal heat/splash shield round it too that just pulls off

i changed my speedo sensor still didnt work so then i ordered a part off renault that goes in the gearbox under the speedo sensor.

question is do is it hard to open gearboxs???
thanks;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I thought speedo issues were something on the rear brakes? mines doing this every so often too.

so i managed to change this over as i said, but today has been the first day ive been out in the car because of the snow, theres something really wrong, as now the speedo is being eratic, up and down wobbling over the rough speed then when i accelerate its act like rpm, if even went right round to 160 (i wass actually only doing 50-60 (read via GPS)) when i was accelerating in 3rd.... help!! hoping this is simply a bad connection or an ill fitted sensor.....
I actually had to unplug the sensor eventually as it was making the car loose/gain power and jolt

172 cup
so i managed to change this over as i said, but today has been the first day ive been out in the car because of the snow, theres something really wrong, as now the speedo is being eratic, up and down wobbling over the rough speed then when i accelerate its act like rpm, if even went right round to 160 (i wass actually only doing 50-60 (read via GPS)) when i was accelerating in 3rd.... help!! hoping this is simply a bad connection or an ill fitted sensor.....
I actually had to unplug the sensor eventually as it was making the car loose/gain power and jolt

Sorry to bring up an old thread but mine has just recently started doing this, with a slight drop in power and then it jalts back into life. Did you manage to solve this? Any advice would be great.