ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need to get some products in - Advice ta

LY 182
Okay so after checking my collection of detailing items, I need to get a few bits in and some suggestions too.

It's probably easiest if I give a quick overview on the car / what I want to achieve. It's a LY 182 so obviously a lovely colour when clean. However, due to not living in an ideal place for cleaning and the really poor condition of the front bumper (stone chip mania) my old enjoyment of detailing has waned. The car could definitely do with a polish, but given the time of the year the primary concern is of course to get some wax down for winter prep. I've sorted out popping to my mates on Saturday to use his snow foam which will help me with the washing side of things. Also things will need to be done by hand...

I'm not too flush currently so costs want to be kept fairly low but I appreciate there's a certain price to pay for quality. I've been looking at the Auto Finesse range as several of the products look good and seem pretty nicely priced for me.

I like the look and results that I can see from AF Tripple. Seems an ideal / easy to use product by hand that could give a bit of shine. Then use a couple layers of wax after?

In terms of the wash stage. I'm low on Bilberry for the wheels. Should I top up or use a different product? I need a new drying towel and it makes sense to stick with the i4d uber yellow towel which I find nice to use? Also a new wash mitt, unsure which of these ones are the best now. I could also do with a clay bar. I'd like to get some Tardis in but I'm trying to keep costs down and might be able to get away without using that or a cheaper alternative? Also need some QD for the claying + a glass cleaner so was thinking of getting the AF Glisten for QD and AF Crystal for the glass? Other than that just top up on some microfibre pads / cloths.

Not sure if I'm missing anything. For convenience I'd like to try and keep most products ordered from the same place.

Cheers!

LY 182
Would AF Citrus Power be a cheaper more practical solution for me to use over Tardis or is it a different purpose?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tripple is a superb product, looks great with LY. work it in and it cleans up the paint quite well. then top with wax. All of AF waxes a nice to use and give a great finish, just depends on your budget and how long you want a wax to last.

Glisten is quite an oily QDnot the easiest to use and very little needed per panel so probably not best suited to clay lube, for that I'd recommend there 'finale' QD. Crystal is great, end of. use it with a waffle type towel / cloth for best effect.

citurs power is good for general grime and dead bugs, works well and makes life easier but it's not a tar remover like tardis.

I'd recommend revive also

edit. just spotted your order in the other thread so too late

LY 182
No worries I appreciate the response mate and also handy you've got that experience on a LY too. I've still got a fair bit left in my small pot of Dodo Banana Armour so was gonna put a couple of layers of that on top of the Tripple.

Ages since I've even washed the car let alone done a winter prep. Have I got everything right though?

Do wheels
Snowfoam
Wash
Clay
Use Tripple
Wax
Do glass / trim / other little bits

LY 182
I couldn't justify the expense of tardis / Iron X right now but understand they'd be a very worthwhile addition. Being near skint sucks :clown:

Mate, being near skint/not flush and you're ordering detailing bits??? I'd check the spending fella...

LY 182
Mate, being near skint/not flush and you're ordering detailing bits??? I'd check the spending fella...

I get paid in a few days lol.

I just wanted to get a few bits in that will give me a solid winter prep. I'll not need to spend any more now.