ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need to remove rear bumper, Reversed into a dickhead!

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
Basically, I reversed into some tw*t in a mini a couple of months back and paid £600 for a new bumper for him ( To save my insurance) and my rear bumper doesn't have much damage but it has a small crack and it has been pushed out a bit ( I'll upload pictures later ). It has a deep scratch that I need to get sprayed, but to lower the price a bit I want to remove the bumper and see if I can fit it correctly again. It's a Mk2 Dynamique 1.2. does anyone know how to remove it ? And I know it was my fault, but s**t happens. Thanks

"Navy" N17 TWO
Stick a post in the wanted section mate, even hunt down a 172 rear bumper maybe?

Treat yourself while you're at it - and don't hit it! ;)

I reversed into a wall when parking in a multistory few years ago - I was staring at my passenger at the time though :eek:

Its easy done, i drove into the corner of my parents house on chrismas morning, putting a right old gash into my front one.

Stick a post in the wanted section mate, even hunt down a 172 rear bumper maybe?

Treat yourself while you're at it - and don't hit it! ;)

I reversed into a wall when parking in a multistory few years ago - I was staring at my passenger at the time though :eek:

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
I didn't mean I need a new bumper, I need a guide to take mine off cause it's been pulled out.
If you look at the top right, the bumper had moved, just need to see if I need a new bumper or if I can fix it myself, and that's the scratch :(
320026_10150288687870848_703610847_8189653_963535064_n.jpg

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
^ Ahh one of those! :rolleyes:
Yeah, one of those!:rolleyes: Literally was soooo pissed of, obviously I'm a young driver at the age of 17, and no ones trusts a young driver, but he was just being such a dickhead!
But I just take it as a learning curve, I had only been passed for 2 months or something like that as well. :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah it's a learning curve, but on the bright side you didn't have to go through your insurance, so saving you money and hassle in the long run! :) I'd be thankful even if he was a bellend lol

I'm lucky my "bump" was only a slight scuff and it was only a pillar holding the next level up (haha) and not the 911 sitting beside me!

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
Back to the point, anyone got a guide to see if I can get it off, or any suggestions on what to do about it ?

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
Yeah it's a learning curve, but on the bright side you didn't have to go through your insurance, so saving you money and hassle in the long run! :) I'd be thankful even if he was a bellend lol

I'm lucky my "bump" was only a slight scuff and it was only a pillar holding the next level up (haha) and not the 911 sitting beside me!
Yeah, all he cared about was his f**king car, it was a tiny f**king chip, but i had to give him what he wanted, we had no choice. my damage is only that scuff witch just needs respraying, but i need to get it back into place. i'll take a closer picture to the crack and stuff when i get home. just at work at the moment, and got f**k all else to do so :)

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
Does anyone know the colour code for my car as well, as i want to get my trims sprayed?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's dead easy...

Two (or four) screws to remove along the boot edge. (You can see these when you open the boot).

Two bolts inside the arches, (you need unscrew the arch liner for the bumper, then you'll be able to see it, I think it's a 10 or 13mm bolt)

If it doesn't come off after these, I think there may be two under the car, just pop your year under from the back and you should be able to see them.

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
It's dead easy...

Two (or four) screws to remove along the boot edge. (You can see these when you open the boot).

Two bolts inside the arches, (you need unscrew the arch liner for the bumper, then you'll be able to see it, I think it's a 10 or 13mm bolt)

If it doesn't come off after these, I think there may be two under the car, just pop your year under from the back and you should be able to see them.

Thank YOUUUU !! I will try this when i get home, hope it will go back into place :)

Sport Rep 1*5
When I replaced mine the other week, it was dead simple as the other guys have said, 2 torx screws at the top of the bumper, just underneath the lip of the boot opening (may be partially obscured by the rubber seal. Then there are 2 screw holding each sides arch liner in.

Once the arch liners off there are 2 10mm bolts to undo on each side stick you head into the arch (if the wheels off) look up and your'll see them.
Then if you lie down under the back of the car there are 2 10mm bolts again holding the bumper to the rear of the car.

All that's left is to pull it away carefully on each side and slide it backwards.

Hope this helps. 10-15min job (depending on if you keep the wheels on or off)

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
thanks everyone, still haven't done it as i haven't been at home, the damage isn't that bad it just looks a little cracked, i think it is where one of the bolts under the wheel arch has snapped the actual bumper. It's hard to explain, but need to take it off and check, i'll update once I have done it. Thanks everyone for the help!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Don't forget to unplug the rear plate light too ;) forgot about mine a few times and ended up dropping the bumper :rasp:

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
Don't forget to unplug the rear plate light too ;) forgot about mine a few times and ended up dropping the bumper :rasp:
Okay, i'm going to get my mate to help me with it later so i'll just get him to hold it when i take it off :)