ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need urgent help on amp wiring kits.....

i have a kenwood 800 watt 2 way amp to run my 2 10" 600 watt subs and a 600 waat 4 way amp to run all my speakers.

1 question: will 2 autoleads 480 watt (max) kits do the job for this?

my thinking is if i have an 800 watt amp then i need an 800 watts (max) wiring kit????

Evil ice has assured me that this will do, but 2 diff people have said no way!

can someone please help?

Audi S3 225

Well i would have thought that evil ice would know what he is talking about, but i would have thought that you need a amp kit that can handle the max power for best results, and the amp kits aint cheap if you get one to handle 800watts.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Halfords also sells cable in meter lengths.

2.99 per meter of 8AWG or

6.99 per meter of 4AWG

what do you think about this setup KDF? if it was you would you use these kits for these amps?

does any1 know if evil ice does refunds?

im just gonny get my cash back and buy 760 watt kits

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I hate to go against the flow but the kits are actually alright, and I would trust Evil Ice as he seems to know his stuff.

8AWG should be fine, 4AWG would be ideal. just make sure you fuse it as close to the battery as possible, and make sure you use the correctly rated fuse.

tiger, in response to your post last time asking this question, I said if you check the total current draw (add together the fuse ratings from your two amps) I would tell you for definite what gauge of wiring you would need! The offer still stands! :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i think u shall find that a kenwood 800 watt amp wont put out 800 wat rms, u looking half that if u lucky, and the 600 watt subs most probably 600 watt peak.

MaLicE

oh if u told ecil ice what u were gonna use em for he would sell u sh*t that aint gonna be ne good.

Unfortunately Tiger wants to go for a refund which is fine even though the kits will do the job. Theres no way that either amp will draw more current than the cables fuse ratings.

Still these things happen.

Russ