ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need your help speccing up a PC.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Hi All,
I remember a fair few of you have great knowledge of the PC gaming world.
I sold my Gaming tower for a PS4 so I could continue to play Assetto Corsa after I moved in with the Mrs.. The Ps4 is not really providing the same kind of experience my PC was.
I'm looking to build a console sized PC, that will go in the lounge. However, it must be punchy enough for VR and I'd like it to last 2-3 years without significant upgrade.
Budget is around €1000, can be a little over for the right spec. Tower only, I don't need monitors etc.
any advice would be great.
Thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As you're paying in Euros, check what the current price of GTX 1080's are over there. Since the knee-jerk panic of Brexit over here, they are north of £700 for the likes of the EVGA FTW version. I paid £570 for it a few months back.

Clearly a big chunk out of your budget, but it will certainly fulfill the longevity that you're aiming for. And especially capable if you're looking down the VR route.

Subaru, arctic 182FF
My advice is to just pick up second hand gear.
I have built 6 or 7 pc's now for myself and always used top spec previous gen parts and never had an issue.
If you take your time and buy the right gear you can save a fortune .
For instance last week i picked up a GTX980ti for 235 quid.
Still an awesome GPU easily capable of VR and A LOT cheaper than currwnt gen cards capable of its performance