ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

neil’s cup vs scooby - vid required

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 16 March 2005

well all i can say is iv gone from a 205/ton 2.0 mk1 clio that ran mailto:14.1@york">14.1@york (and mailto:14.3@pod">14.3@pod) to a 276 bhp wrx scooby doo thats run mailto:13.3@pod">13.3@pod

off the mark the clio wouldnt have a prayer providing the scooby was on boost. but once rolling in 2nd the clio would have given it a very good run for its money up to 90/100 for sure! but up to 60 the scooby should be in front. the wrx is down as 4.9secs to 60 in standard trim. i timed the clio as 6 seconds exactly to 60 (on the clocks) thats fully stripped out to the max.

top end the scooby fookin flies, and will do 150 no probs, but the clio also pulled like a mofo up to the limiter at 134.

4x4 can take a good 0.5 off the 1/4 mile time, and the torque above 80mph is what makes the difference, but there is transmission loss, and extra weight.

If i were lined up at pod next to my old clio, I would be crappin it lol

Low 14s in a front wheel drive car is a very respectable time if you ask me!
is it your 276 scoob thats 4.9 cos a standard wrx is around anywhere between 5.7 and 6.1 in estate form. in real life that gear change is most likely from the scoob as the chav scrambles to get his jewelry out of the way.. 0-60s are cool i guess but apart from drag racing i couldnt imagine a 270hp scoob beasting a 172cup like the vid one with coilovers in reality on fun roads it would be even unless you had long straights to exceed 120mph (maybe the cups two/three car lenghs down at 120mph but that doesnt confirm a roasting) by then the nxt corner should be in view.

but drag racing i think its hard to beat a car with nigh on 100% traction.

performance per pound on the modded cup still ££££ cheaper than many expensive sports cars so fair play to that cup i say.

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 16 March 2005
Has no-one noticed Neils in front by the end of 2nd gear?? 2nd gear in most cars equates to around 62mph.Does that tell you the scooby driver is a numpty nuts or neils car is capable of a sub 5 sec 0-60 run??Let me wonder?? Hmmmmm???Drivers, not cars, is all that is shown here!!And Neil wants to get himself down south as i guarantee that 14.18 would easily be 14.5 at the pod.

If I remember right my reaction time was like a second better than his on that run, explains why i beat him off line. I raced the guy three times and one time he stuffed me off the line but I took him at about 90! Just out of interest my pals 250 hp + (conservative estimate!) cavy turbo does 13.4 1/4 mile but I can stay right with him till 120 (where i stopped)and pull on him 30-90. Cant wait to see what my Cup will be like with 200 hp +! :devilish:

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 16 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 16 March 2005

Has no-one noticed Neils in front by the end of 2nd gear?? 2nd gear in most cars equates to around 62mph.

Does that tell you the scooby driver is a numpty nuts or neils car is capable of a sub 5 sec 0-60 run??

Let me wonder?? Hmmmmm???

Drivers, not cars, is all that is shown here!!

And Neil wants to get himself down south as i guarantee that 14.18 would easily be 14.5 at the pod.

If I remember right my reaction time was like a second better than his on that run, explains why i beat him off line. I raced the guy three times and one time he stuffed me off the line but I took him at about 90! Just out of interest my pals 250 hp + (conservative estimate!) cavy turbo does 13.4 1/4 mile but I can stay right with him till 120 (where i stopped)and pull on him 30-90. Cant wait to see what my Cup will be like with 200 hp +! :devilish:

neither can i go for it m8.

CTR EK9 turbo

Thats impressive stuff. What kinda trap speed were you reaching? how much wheelspin did you incur? and what tyres were you using?

Isnt it right that only Imported Scoobies with the extra octane Jap import fuel run at 276 brake, you wont find a UK Scoobie WRX anyway standard with more than 225bhp.

Correct me if im wrong......

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 16 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 16 March 2005well all i can say is iv gone from a 205/ton 2.0 mk1 clio that ran <a href= "mailto:14.1@york">14.1@york (and <a href= "mailto:14.3@pod">14.3@pod) to a 276 bhp wrx scooby doo thats run <a href= "mailto:13.3@pod">13.3@pod off the mark the clio wouldnt have a prayer providing the scooby was on boost. but once rolling in 2nd the clio would have given it a very good run for its money up to 90/100 for sure! but up to 60 the scooby should be in front. the wrx is down as 4.9secs to 60 in standard trim. i timed the clio as 6 seconds exactly to 60 (on the clocks) thats fully stripped out to the max.top end the scooby fookin flies, and will do 150 no probs, but the clio also pulled like a mofo up to the limiter at 134.4x4 can take a good 0.5 off the 1/4 mile time, and the torque above 80mph is what makes the difference, but there is transmission loss, and extra weight.If i were lined up at pod next to my old clio, I would be crappin it lolLow 14s in a front wheel drive car is a very respectable time if you ask me![/QUOTE]is it your 276 scoob thats 4.9 cos a standard wrx is around anywhere between 5.7 and 6.1 in estate form. in real life that gear change is most likely from the scoob as the chav scrambles to get his jewelry out of the way.. 0-60s are cool i guess but apart from drag racing i couldnt imagine a 270hp scoob beasting a 172cup like the vid one with coilovers in reality on fun roads it would be even unless you had long straights to exceed 120mph (maybe the cups two/three car lenghs down at 120mph but that doesnt confirm a roasting) by then the nxt corner should be in view.but drag racing i think its hard to beat a car with nigh on 100% traction.performance per pound on the modded cup still ££££ cheaper than many expensive sports cars so fair play to that cup i say.

standard classic import wrxs (the only classic wrxs are imports) are 4.9 to 60 book time. The 212bhp UK turbo 2000 are over 5 seconds, but they have 60+bhp less and have different gearing :) The new age bug eye UK wrxs are 5.5 to 60 but they are 221bhp and 1400kg compared to 276bhp and 1200kg. They are pretty crap really.

as i said above my old 2.0 clio would keep with the scooby once rolling without a doubt (up to 130 anyway), but the reason i bought it is cos i wanted something comfy, thats looks nice, but is still as quick as the clio was. :) and the birds fekin love it ;)

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Yeah theres 3 versions of the Import WRX, I had v1 which is only240 brake but still much quicker than the u.k version. At 276brake Adams would be a v3 which is as quick as an sti.

That cup flies BTW!