ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

neons

I have a phase 1 clio with no cigarette lighter in it and have just bought a neon to go in my boot install. Does any one know the best way to wire this up and what i can connect it to. Cheers for any help.

My boot did have a boot light, until I hit it with a suitcase and it stopped working.. nice.

Daz.

i wired mine to boot light..

prob with wiring it in line with the amp...it will be on all the time you drive...do you really want it on?

i only have mine for show!

Yea.. Boot Light would be a better option - unless, of course, you have an open boot with no shelf, seats etc.. then maybe you do want it on all the time..

Daz.

Or even more technical,

Run it from the amp remote, and have one of those door switch things!

Daz.

but, it does say above he doesnt have a boot light..

so my boot switch (contact switch or whatever they are called) is needed!

Ben, blah! :D

Daz.

If you wanna get stupidly technical do what i did, not only wire it up independantly to a pinswitch fitted to the boot, wire it up to work with spare button on alarm fob!!! Now that was a hard thing to do but got it rite eventually

Its not too hard - my alarm can turn headlights on, power solenoids etc... its just a relay from the alarm!

I might try and get some stuff wired up to my fob! hehe.

Daz.