ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netbooks..

I was looking into these before Christmas, finally took the plunge yesterday, bought a Samsung NC10 in blue (same colour as my golf :approve:)
if anybody is considering a netbook, go for it, its a little cracker.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear you're enjoying it - I've had mine (acer aspire one 120Gb on linux) for about a fortnight, and very impressed too!

Such a nice, portable little bit of kit!

Octy VRS
Just had a play with this new Vaio and want it. I'm sure some are better in a lot of ways but this things tiny and for web and email it's fine once you get used to the pointer stick. Has a decent size drive too so storing some music and films for travelling is good along with the card slots. The screen is excellent quality for viewing webpages and films. Problem is the price. It won't compete with other netbooks offering similar features for a 3rd of the cash but if I had the money...

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
whats the diffrence between a net book and laptop?

im looking for a cheap way to sure the net.

UR R26
whats the diffrence between a net book and laptop?

im looking for a cheap way to sure the net.

netbook are bare essentials. They dont even have a disc drive. Laptops obviously do.

They are generally cheaper, but the spec is less.

Its great for surfing the net on the move. They weigh about 1kg.

There awesome for just surfing the web and IM.

Octy VRS
If you want something small to just surf etc then they are great. I don't travel much and download a lot of music so I wanted a laptop. My Dell laptop cost £289 and does pretty much everything I want. Games, emulators, music etc. Plus it has a decent size 14" screen, It's ok on the move too and I have a desktop for hungrier programs. I prefer funtionality but if I travelled a lot then a netbook would be bought.

Well.. my laptop weighs 1KG, has no disc drive internal.. but it's just classed as an ultraportable.. still CoreDuo, 2GB RAM, 12.1" screen etc.

The main defining thing is that they are really small and portable... usually smaller than most laptops and obviously much cheaper. A netbook has high enough spec to work for what it's designed to, but outside of that, it doesn't compare to a laptop. (They sometimes have the new Intel Atom chip - low power etc)

If you just want something to go on the internet from, and nothing much else, and you want it to be really small and portable.. a netbook is perfect.

some of the netbooks are pretty good and reasonably priced good if you just use it for going on the internet and want something portable

UR R26
cool how much is a basic net book? can i conect it to my pc to transer pics ect?

theres a acer one, the aspire one which is like £200-£260.

Then theres samsung nc10 which is like £300.

There all roughly the same. Id recommend the acer or samsung tho, just cause of the size of the HD.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Acer produce utter crap.. I wouldn't own one if they paid me !

Stick with proper brands ! Dell, HP and Sony Viao's and even Asus.