ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netflix

Anyone using Netflix on an Apple TV and Xbox One?

I have it on both. Both wired to the router, both connected to my Sony TV via HDMI.

Yet, the ATV quality is superior to the Xbox app. Is this standard? I'm talking 720p vs. 1080p looking.

Always just use ATV. Dont use the XBO for anything but games.
Do you have Netflix on the Xbox too?

I just watched Nacho on ATV, and the same episode on the Xbox looks s**t.

In fact, the app looks blurry in comparison to the ATV app. I've eliminated it being the TV settings/port as I've just swapped them.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I use the xbox one for Netflix and its great quality. certainly not blurry. Not got apple tv to compare it with though.

I use the xbox one for Netflix and its great quality. certainly not blurry. Not got apple tv to compare it with though.
The quality is very good, but comparing it to Apple TV it's definitely not as sharp or clear.
Text (subtitles/episode name) isn't pin sharp like other text on the Xbox. Yet ATV is the same quality as Plex/iTunes etc.

I'll get a photo tonight to compare.

I've spoken to Netflix today, and they've stated there's no difference in quality. Maybe it's a setting on my Xbox, although Amazon Prime is fine.

Right, I've worked it out.

The 'tests' I was conducting were showing poor quality on the Xbox One. It looked like 720p, even though it should be 1080p.

Turns out, the first ~15 seconds were actually 720p, then it switches to 1080p.

I found this by mistake; Press the right analogue stick down while watching a show/film, and it shows the settings (audio/video).