ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Networking

Netorking!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right bear with me on this please:-

Im have a netgear router with a switch that sits alone (not connected to the PC with wires) near my phone line and broadcasts a wirelss internet signal across my house.

I can pick this up no problem on my desk top PC and my PSP.

I have bought a Wireless laptop and am looking into using the wireless router to network the computer and the laptop so I can share/move files between them.

My question is how do you do this? Is it possible without the router being connected via a wire to the PC?

TIA

Scott Duncan

RB 182
If they both connect to the router it's fine, easier if they both have the same 'Workgroup' too.

Once this is setup, Start -> Run type '\\computername\'

benclelland said:
If they both connect to the router it's fine, easier if they both have the same 'Workgroup' too.

Once this is setup, Start -> Run type '\\computername\'

So after I connect both to the router i do
Start -> Run type '\\computername\ ?

Forgive me I have never done this before and I dont really know what workgroup means doh!

Clio 172mk2
u need to goto the directory u want to share and goto the proporties and say share folder

then on other pc goto networks show all networks and goto yours then the folder