ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 16v Owner Saying Hello

GTiR 394bhp

Hi all-just picked up my 16v.Its a maroon(wanted blue but cant have everything) M reg with 60,000miles and FSH.Apart from the usual tin worm on the back arshes is in vgc.

I havent had chance to thrash it yet,but still have fond memories of my old R19 16v.I sold that when I bought my GTiR which is being rebuilt at moment and will be my weekend/track car and the Clio my everyday transport.I wanted something pretty quick with good handling and this fits the bill nicely.

Welcome to the Club.:D Even tho uve been here a while it seems.

Enjoy your new beast. BTW its Naples red, not Maroon. The classest colour IMO. ;)

GTiR 394bhp

Looks burgundy to me;).Yeah Ive been reading here for a while,keeping my eye out for a car and reading driving fables,sorry tales;).

2004 Racing Blue 182

hey fella, welcome to the site, tis a gud un it times of trouble!!!

hopefully joining u on the valver front very soon. had one before though. youll love it to bits mate.

happy motoring fella.

-->BV

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by skiddusmarkus on 24 May 2004
Im from Chesterfield,Derbyshire.

ill keep an eye out for u mate!

GTiR 394bhp

Gonna try and resist moding as I want a standard car-although I do have a spare stainless Blitz filter kicking around and the wheels of the GTiR will go straight on:D.

Clio would struggle to be better trackday car as Pulsar is stripped,fully adjustable suspension,polybushes,cage and getting sticth welded,3 strut braces,big brakes all round and a 400bhp low lag motor(+nitrous for 1/4 mile) and slicks-not a fair comparison really;).Will track the Clio too though I think as it should be a laugh and a lot cheaper on tyres and brakes.

Thanks for all welcomes and will keep eye out for cars in my area.

GTiR 394bhp

Ok-am getting tempted to mod-front lower and upper strut braces and maybe K&N insert for OE box,maybe a decat but thats it;).

I had the 57i kit on my old R19 and it sounded fantastic but heatsoak cancelled out any power gains.Do the panel filters give off a nice throaty roar or are they muffled?

Did a quick test of speed on a track near my work-Id get 110mph in Pulsar(was then 333bhp)and hit 85mph in Clio which is pretty respectable and Im still learning handling so another 5-10mph to be picked up out of corner before straight.

GTiR 394bhp

Well,not modifying didnt last long.Have got a K&N fitted and front upper and lower strut braces on the way.Anyone got any pics of homemade heatsheilds for the 57i kit to give me some ideas?

Im currently designing a home made induction kit...will be trial and error for the noise,,,as for cold air i went to wickes and bought 4 metres of wide bore ducting for £5.... (halfords= £10 1 metre) .

oh and an e36 scoop for bumper insertion..then will join ducting...

cant wait to hear the beast roar,,...