ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Cup owner

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Hello everyone, I have just collected my car at the weekend, I will soon start a progress thread but will introduce myself, I have never had a Clio before and am hoping to use this one as a fast road weekend car and possibly do some sprints and hillclimbs with it. Want to be keeping it as standard as much is possible.

On to the car, 2003, 100k mile, needs a few things for it but was expecting this, brakes are rubbish at the moment so will be changing these for OEM spec brembo discs and ferrodo pads, I've taken the wind deflectors off and ordered a new splitter (albeit a Skoda one) and new front badge (car had a black one). few dents to sort and the all the wheels have been curbed (yes all of them!!) I'm sure there will be a few more things that I will need doing to the car. Car has had its belts done for the second time in it's life last year. Unfortunately the previous owner liked a cigarette or 2 and as such the car smells like an ashtray, good clean and wet vac will be happening soon too.

If you've made it this far well done!

Andy

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Ok so as a few of you asked, here are the only pics I have at the moment which was the ones once I had collected the car..
IMG_00071.jpg

IMG_00061.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_00061.jpg
    IMG_00061.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_00071.jpg
    IMG_00071.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 36

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
So I thought I may update everyone, I still have my cup, I use it occasionally and have just got it back on the road for summer.

As per my previous post all that time ago, I had all the wheels refurbished and then Michelin Pilot Sport tyres, new cup dampers and cooksport springs, I lowered the seat, had a snappy steering wheel retrim and have used it a couple of times at Silverstone which for a standard car was really impressive.
A few of the problems I’ve had have only been small, an injector failed and have had to change the lambda sensors and manifold as it had cracked.
Anyway I have ordered some exhaust bushes and a powerflex dog bone mount which I’ll fit in the next couple of weeks.

here’s a picture from yesterday...
1C1F3C24-9D5A-4446-A8C3-36D1525C0E3D.jpeg

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Thanks guys, I’ll try not to leave it 4 years next time
B14C58CE-7D80-4C57-B2E9-95E066025008.jpeg
6A0347A3-7C30-41FF-98A0-0CC12B2AC097.jpeg
, it’s got a few scratches and dents but it’s not bad for an old French car! Another pic plus one from when I used it at Silverstone.