ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 owner from Kent in need of some help!

Renault Clio 172
Hi
I purchased my 172 a week ago, and I have to say I love it! The power, the looks, the engine rumble, the works!
But I am in need of some advice on her ...
To me the clutch is really heavy =[ trying to hold the car still on hilled junctions is pretty hard and pulling away can't seem to be done with any speed without wheel spinning! Wheel span I have done in front of the r
Rozzers =/ luckily they didn't say anything!
One of my friends, sadly an avid 306 lover, drove it and said it definitely doesn't feel right. Seems to him that when changing gear the clutch puts up a fight for about 75% of pressing it down, then suddenly gives way. He said possible the clutch itself, or an air blockage in the clutch cable itself!?
Any ideas on what it could be?
Cheers,
~ Barbie172

Monaco 53/468
air blockage in the clutch cable!? sounds a bit funky! ha

Sounds like the pressure plate to me but someone will be along soon to give some sound advice..............

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi and welcome to the forum :)
You might be best off paying the £10 membershiop fee and asking in the engine/gearbox forum on here.

Sash
x

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just to note, the clutches on the 182/172 are VERY heavy... I took mine in for a service at birchdown, drove round in their van for a day and got back in mine, and stalled it 3 times en route home.

Very heavy clutches... As for the crunching im not sure :)

Renault Clio 172
Thanks on that =] It could be that I'm just used to smaller-engined cars that have light clutches. One of my friends has a 1.4 Clio and he said mine is heavy to his. Maybe I'll get used to it eventually!

Monaco 53/468
mines not that heavy really. Supposed its whatever your used to. The heaviest clutch Ive ever used was in a Williams (no.4), that made my leg shake it was so heavy!

Evo 6, E92 320d
Welcome along, keep an eye out for ea meets. Give it a week and your left leg thigh muscle will grow and you'll not notice the clutch;), honestly they are quite heavy though.

audi a6 3.0tdi
As said by others the clutch pedals are always heavy in the 172/182 the only way to see if yours is any heavier than normal is to take another one out and compare it. I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll just get used to it.