ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Damaged within 5 weeks

Ok, heres the story:

Im in the pub watching the footie n stuff. My girlfriend was going to Ikea with family that were visiting. So i thought pub & footie time for me.

So just a bit later she calls. Can you please come to the car, somebody hit it and left a phonenumber. Yeah right i thought. Just an excuse for me to get out of the pub and carry the Ikea stuff upstairs to our house (3rd floor).

So there i get to the car with a big grin like i know it was all a trick.

But no, there is was, my front bumper and wing (driver side) scraped all the way. Luckily the women who caused it left her details on my front window. Guess what, shes an interior designer at Ikea. Just the place my girlfriend was about to head of to...

She admitted liabilty and was pretty cool, my only prob is that the damage is going to be polished away and painted... I want new parts as the car is only 1 month old. But i guess im outta luck. Anyway they said i wouldnt see a difference... its just surface damage mostly (true). Still feel sh*t though...

Guess at the end of the day she left her details, claimed liability and my car itself just suffered some scrapes...

Now going to watch the Holland - Sweden game (was born in Holland) and try forget about this, these things are bound to happen i guess...

Any advice on repair things are welcome, i booked it into an insurance repair shop....

Cheers,
Carlos

500bhp Scoob

not bad at all, my car was deliberately vandelised, and the van that did it, parked next to mine, with the paint of my car still on his bumper, he did it because he didnt like where i parked.

Admitted it was him, but police didnt wanna know, and i wasnt gonna claim on my insurance.

Glad to hear that she left her details and it was purely an accident.

Yaris Hybrid

Very lucky, 99% would drive off and not leave their details. I tend to avoid going to places that dont have large carparks with empty areas where I can park safe in the knowledge that no smacktards will try parking next to me.

I reckon its worth getting hold of an old banger like a Nova for £200 and using that for going to the supermarket etc and keeping your best car for evenings out and going to work.

I would be pretty pi$$ed off at having repairs as opposed to new parts as accident repairs do reduce resale value.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Know how u feel. It sucks. My old yellow Dynamique was rearended at 3 weeks old, and my new 04 Dynamique suffered a parking dent at 2 weeks old :mad: Ludkily I managed to get it taken out for £10 when a dent repairer bloke was doin work on the side for peeps at a rr day, but its still the principle!

Like said, ur lucky they left a name, and hope they do a brill job at repairing ur car :)

Thanks guys... feels good to know im not the only one...

Oh and Holland won! Now lets take on Portugal, ive got a score to settle with them after they won from England!

Ultra Red Megane R26

Feel for ya mate, got a small ding in mine after just 2 weeks. Someone has kindly opened their door into the rear panel in a car park.

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 26 June 2004

I reckon its worth getting hold of an old banger like a Nova for £200 and using that for going to the supermarket etc and keeping your best car for evenings out and going to work.
Thats probably the best idea if you live anywhere remotely dodgy, just leave it and forget about it. something £50 like a sierra or cav ! lol