ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Trophy owner #175

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Having had a Clio 182 full fat in the past and selling it to a pal, i have regretted it ever since! But in back in the game with this nice example of a Trophy which i plan to keep! #175

57k Miles.
Reasonable history with full service history and dampers service 2000 miles ago.
Body work is in good condition with minor marks which i plan to fix.
Very original - Even with a patched up original exhaust which may have to go

Need some help with a couple of items if anyone can help - Need an original gear knob, Rear number plate light cover and steering wheel refurbed as melted on the thumb grips.

Plans - Change the exhaust, Good Service, Braided lines and Ferodo pads with good brake fluid, maybe a tweak at engine dynamics aswell as i was really impressed with the results on my old 182. Lastly i plan to use it properly and do some track days. (on that note do Renault still do there own track days? enjoyed them in the past)

Any pointers or tips would be appreciated

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (4).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (5).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (5).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (6).jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 105
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (7).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 20.22.22 (7).jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 95

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Renault did a couple in 2018 the last being Rockingham iirc. Seem pretty limited nowadays.

in regards to parts- wheel refurb is best to through @snappy (search Andrew Mayer on Facebook and contact him)

Number plate light is easy enough as above. Can be had cheaper from ECP with a discount code when factoring in delivery prices -

Trophy looks lovely btw!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Nice to see another Trophy owner on here. Looks a well kept and nice example.

Go to RenaultPartsDirect (often referred to as RPD) for the rear number plate light, about £8 for a brand new genuine one including bulb. Just bought one myself, makes a big difference.

As for steering wheel, either use Snappy as mentioned above, or Royal Steering Wheels. Both do a good job, most seem to use Snappy, he is a member on here.

Future plans sound good. Enjoy it!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Great buy!
I was looking at that one before I bought mine. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Looks better paint than mine lol

I can help on the parts you need. We've got a reward point scheme which is well worth signing up for if you are wanting lots of parts ongoing.
Lots of people fit the Scorpion exhaust. I'd recommend a mid silencer version though as its a deep sound without being too offensive to anyone.
I'm running Mintex M1144 on mine for just road use.
www.kamracing.co.uk

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Thanks for the help i will get the number plate bulb and cover ordered tomorrow and also drop snappy a message re the steering wheel!

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Looks better paint than mine lol

I can help on the parts you need. We've got a reward point scheme which is well worth signing up for if you are wanting lots of parts ongoing.
Lots of people fit the Scorpion exhaust. I'd recommend a mid silencer version though as its a deep sound without being too offensive to anyone.
I'm running Mintex M1144 on mine for just road use.
www.kamracing.co.uk
Thanks for help and i will take a look at the reward scheme, also thanks for the advice on the exhaust do you know if the version without the mid silencer would struggle on a track day sound test? I will probably go with a decat pipe aswell. I dont wont it to be to loud with a non resonated and decat that its nasty on long journeys and cant get through strict noise tests at tracks like brands.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I think you will have trouble if you are going for a decat as well. The one I have is hardly quiet!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I had milltek cat back with straight through central section. Was too loud for me with quite a lot of boom in the cabin.

a39a421667a7591a6e02831748dac1e8.jpg

Resonated central section fitted & all is good now [emoji1303]

80446cbe4241f64ae684ecc8d42ae009.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Very nice and also nice to see the original exhaust too. I think they look better with the little tips than the larger aftermarket tips.
Really? I think the original peashooter exhaust looks way too small for the cut outs in the bumper.
I couldn't wait to get rid of mine and swap it for a Yozza. I think it looks so much better with larger exhaust tips.
The op' s exhaust looks too low , probably needs new hangers.

No I think the original tips just look right (it was designed for them after all). I’ve had Yozzas and Milteks but if I had another clip I’d probably see about getting the original tips welded onto the aftermarket job he somehow.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Very nice and also nice to see the original exhaust too. I think they look better with the little tips than the larger aftermarket tips.

I kind of agree. Sometimes I think my milltek looks abit ott

334b7dc84094a38f5a326e0650b31ea6.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome back, car looks tidy

I personally think the standard tips look lost, I'm on a Janspeed, very quiet and fits lovely imo.

Excuse ditched car, 212k daily life :ROFLMAO:

15845280049856362728568806715113.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy #175
My problem is with the original exhaust is it doesn't line up with the cut outs and its had an ugly weld repair job. I think i will go for the resonated center section after this feedback as it will do some long motorway journeys. Can you guys put some pictures up of the different options for the tips from scorpion please?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome back @Harryw great choice with the Trophy, looks tidy
I can help with your brakes and various other parts, I think you got your brakes for your previous car from me iirc , send me a list of what you’re after 👍🏻

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
My problem is with the original exhaust is it doesn't line up with the cut outs and its had an ugly weld repair job. I think i will go for the resonated center section after this feedback as it will do some long motorway journeys. Can you guys put some pictures up of the different options for the tips from scorpion please?

Theres a slash cut version
scorpion-rs182-daytona.jpg

inwardly rolled straight cut - this sticks out a little further
scorpion-rs182-lemans.jpg

Then the RS192 version which is a bit in between
scorpion-rs192-2.jpg

We do all of the Scorpion versions here

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Somebody I know is selling a brand new (only fitted but never used) Pure Motorsport cat-back for 182 with upgraded mounts etc for £400. Pretty much best system you can currently buy new for the 182. Let me know if you are interested and want details.

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Somebody I know is selling a brand new (only fitted but never used) Pure Motorsport cat-back for 182 with upgraded mounts etc for £400. Pretty much best system you can currently buy new for the 182. Let me know if you are interested and want details.
Thanks for the message appreciated, but unfortunately the car is already at engine dynamics having a scorpion exhaust fitted.

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Welcome back @Harryw great choice with the Trophy, looks tidy
I can help with your brakes and various other parts, I think you got your brakes for your previous car from me iirc , send me a list of what you’re after 👍🏻
Hi George, hope all is well, correct i did buy my last set of pads from you, i am getting engine dynamics to do the brakes for me but there is no harm in me potentially supplying the: Ferodo DS2500 pads, standard rear pads, HC front discs, Briaded lines and high performance fluid. Can you please PM me a quote.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Hi George, hope all is well, correct i did buy my last set of pads from you, i am getting engine dynamics to do the brakes for me but there is no harm in me potentially supplying the: Ferodo DS2500 pads, standard rear pads, HC front discs, Briaded lines and high performance fluid. Can you please PM me a quote.

No worries Harry, all good here mate, will PM you

Have all on the shelf including the front plain HC discs. grooved Max Hc discs, and the new Brembo Xtra drilled discs (y)

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Update - Car back from Engine dynamics after myself getting a little carried away with the options! The car has had a good overhaul including the following -
  1. Matched Inlets
  2. New full scorpion exhaust including new standard manifold and decat
  3. New exhaust brackets
  4. Cat cams
  5. KTR induction kit
  6. Full belts including including dephaser and waterpump
  7. Brake overhaul - Ferodo ds2500 pads all round, new discs, braided lines all round, high performance ATE fluid
  8. Full Service
  9. Full Engine diagnostics and tune
  10. All engine mounts replaced
  11. Anti roll bar bushes replaced
  12. Gearbox oil change
I may have missed some bits, the car was rolling road tested before any work and it made a healthy 175bhp completely standard, after the above works and some fine tuning 199.7bhp was achieved which i was over the moon with. The engine now performs how i think the trophy should. One thing i was worried about with the cams was all the power being at the top end and running lumpy at low revs. I can confirm this is not the case if anything even more linear with good pull all the way from 3000rpm to 7250rpm.

Please note before i get abuse, this car is planned to be kept and made into the ultimate B road machine / hot hatch. The Sachs suspension will be staying! And i have kept all the original parts if ever needed. Which brings me nicely onto my next question: The front Sachs where refurbed 1500 miles ago and have been depinned. I now don’t know what setting they are on and after checking to see if they are depinned i may have now mixed them up. Can someone tell me or point me in the right direction for a thread that tells you how to set them to factory, apparently 22 clicks? Do you wind them all the way anti clockwise until they wont go anymore, then wind clockwise counting clicks to 22?

Next plans - Mark Fish springs and rear Koni adjustable dampers with a full geo set up at mark fish with potentially some camber adjustments but not sure yet, any advice would be appreciated.

And when the clutch needs doing in the future i may upgrade to a lightened flywheel and upgraded diff but I’m not sure yet.

Please note this was all booked and planned pre understanding how serious the Covid-19 situation is, I would not have spent this much if i had knew where we would be today and the possible long term effects. Top respect to anyone working on the front line or effected by this epidemic.

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Update for #175 - Its been an expensive couple of months

First Stop - Full paint correction detail undertaken by a pal of mine

Second Stop - Sent the car off to Mark Fish for the full treatment, ended up having the Sachs dampers fully rebuilt by BG motorsport with all the options ticked new shafts etc. Had Mark Fish springs fitted and rear Koni adjustable shocks with the all important front camber set with a full Geo set up complete by Mark really happy with the service (also had bushes and top mounts etc replaced). Whilst he had it he also stuck some new Nankang NS2R's on and set the pressures.

Third Stop - Brands hatch track evening for a shakedown after all the recent engine and suspension work and i was over the moon with the results but it became quite clear that the next move will be a diff, coming into and out of McLaren fast was tricky.

(first pictures below are with the old springs so sitting high, track photos show the new ride height)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.04.46.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.04.46.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 111
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.04.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.04.14.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 103
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.03.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.03.41.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 109
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.03.41 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 22.03.41 (1).jpeg