ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 owner North Wales

Clio 197, Astra vxr
Depends really, iirc, sunroofs on these meant you couldn't spec the cup chassis (but they weren't available till 08 anyway)... I've never driven a non cupped one or one with a sun roof so I don't know if they'll be any less 'rigid' I doubt it though.

you have the xenons with cornering lights :)

if there's a digital display on your dash, you have climate control

Do you have Bose speakers? I think they were an option on early 197s

electric, folding, heated wing mirrors?

Make sure the belts have been done 72k/5years so yours will be overdue if its not been changed

gearboxes are s**te, make sure there's no grinding/crunching between 3rd and 4th above 5krpm

Rear brakes bind on in the cold and need servicing (stripping and greasing) annually.

cheers for the heads up mate, the cars done 35k just been serviced too, yeah the cornering lights (monkey lights) heated mirrors not sure on folding though will check tomorrow :)

Yeh its Nimbus grey but it shows up as silver on your logbook. Park it next to a silver car and you will see the difference, its not silver haha

Yeah my sister has a silver corsa can tell straight away

Sunroof-leak-towel=keep smiling :)

haha :)

The sunroof doesn't open does it?

​it does indeed mate

Clio 197, Astra vxr
Agree with Knuckles also look out for a knock on the front suspension. I took mine to 4 garages till it was identified by birchdown as being the top suspension mount and the rubber seals that your doors close on to they just fall apart

Will do cheers I thought I heard knocking today to be honest but I'm being paranoid which brings me to my next question guys where the bet place locally to take the clio for work servicing etc??