ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 2.0 champion!

BMW 320d Sport

Well after getting to North Weald too late to sign on, then heading up to Santa Pod and no luck there either, I managed to get one run on Mat Browns plates - cheers mate!

Anyway, just a message to say that Mat is definitely the new Williams/2.0 champion, caning the record set by Jons Williams last week at York (14.800) by 62/1000 of a second. Mat achieved a cracking 14.738 @93mph.

BTW I know a 172 has a 2.0 engine and the 172 record is still held by Tim on a 14.5. Looks like the old F7-engined Clios are catching up very quickly though!

williams and trophy

better change my name then he he
getting zorst fitted on tues n r/r week on sat..... she will be running spot on for the next meeting at york on sep 15th he he
anyone up for it?
i got a new time to aim for now lol
just hope it dont take me as long to beat that than it did to beat bens loj
cheers
jon

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Tell ya what Dave,

If I run into the back of your car at the start line, apart from a broken neck you maybe able to get a sub 15 for the 1/4 mile....

mat,

is ures a orig 1.8 with a 2l lump in it with cams etc .. ?

does anyone here actually have a williams with chip cams etc ... ? would have thought that would be quicker, but dosent seem that anyone has done work to a willy

williams and trophy

mat mate that is a bloody good time ..
what you done to your engine or is it standard 2.0 litre, no cams or owt lurkin in there lol
as for no chip etc on a willy..watch this space lol ongoing plans in progress.
14.800 is a good time for the mods so far,de-cat and panel filter evrything else as it left showroom craggy is very close on both mods and times, im sure between us we can find out what works n what doesnt (obviously we all know nos works eh nick lol)and compare times to mods etc
so far in standard trim it was running mid 15s
with the de-cat n filter low 15s
after recent mini-service 14.8-15.1
get zorst fitted tom so find out how that improves times if at all lol
cheers
jon

Trophy

Specification as follows:

1992 J clio 16V

Engine: 1998cc F16i.e. twin-cam 16v running on mobil 1 motorsport 15w-50 fully synthetic oil. Converted by Hillpower in winter 2001/02 using a 19,000 mile block from a 1998 megane. Complete with Gas flowed head with matching intake and exhaust manifolds, Piper fast road camshafts with vernier pulleys and Hillpower re-programmed ECU, Fitted at the same time was a new timing belt, williams clutch, uprated dog bone engine mount, starter motor, alternator and water pump. Colour coded rocker cover and silicon water hoses. Also with K&N 57i induction kit and full Magnex stainless steel exhaust system including de-cat. Gearbox has silkolene pro srg75 fully synthetic oil. Immaculate engine bay!

Wheels and suspension: Standard phase 2 speedline five spokes with 195/50/15 Yokahama A539 tyres. Suspension lowered professionally by Hillpower with Avo adjustable coil-overs, -50mm at front; and Avo adjustable shocks, torsion bar adjusted -60mm at rear. New strut top mount kits at front.

Interior: Factory phase 2 interior, with height and lumbar adjustment. Electric windows and mirrors. Factory sunroof and PAS.

Brakes: EBC turbo groove discs with EBC greenstuff pads all round and factory ABS. New rear wheel bearings. Serviced and cleaned calipers front and rear.

Exterior: Finished in Stunning Renault carmen red 719. Never damaged or crashed - and no rust. Phase 2 rubbing strips, colour coded spoiler and phase 2 grille. Clear side repeaters. Cliosport sticker on rear screen
No other body modifications.

ICE: Factory headunit with fingertip remote control. Alpine sxs 5" speakers in front doors and Alpine sxs tweeters in dash. Factory speakers in rear.

Mat.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Dave,

Id rather not dicuss that kinda thing in public

Also I am going to run the next 1/4 mile hopefully and get a low 15 seconds. Watch my back bumper m8 cause you wont see me in your rear view mirror.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 04 August 2004

Look at the dates!

It just brought a tear to my eye, wish i had never sold the Red 16V.

Mat.
Everyone said you would regret it but you wouldnt listen would you? ;)

Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 04 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 04 August 2004

Look at the dates!

It just brought a tear to my eye, wish i had never sold the Red 16V.

Mat.
Everyone said you would regret it but you wouldnt listen would you? ;)

I know, bloody houses!

Mat.

williams and trophy

fuk me lol

how old is that lol.....id only just bought the willy then lol......well matt mate..im not gunna say it lol....someone else beat me to it......least it still looks mint n goes like fuk lol............

so record has now dropped to the 14.2s.........which is adis off gas......quite a few runnin in the 14.4 bracket.....but no other willys apparently......;)

172 Exclusive

That record might be beaten this weekend then cos there are a few quick 2.0Litre clios going down

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 04 August 2004

to pod?

on sunday?

I would but my clutch will fall off. :-(

/y0z
If we arent to bad after Saturday night we could go back Via Pod? Where is it in relation to where we are stopping?

Its about time I had a go with the 182.