ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200 Written Off

Alibi Blue 200
Well the insurance company just rang and they have found me a new car (waiting for them to confirm the specs etc) but they wont do anything until i send them the T&Cs of my Gap insurance which i found strange, but never mind.

clio 197
could i have your inside door handles maybe? lol if you maybe go see it yank one out or both lol ill give you a fiver

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
A21 by chance?? Looks a s**tter mate but i'm sure it'll get sorted
Towards Flimwell??
Wasnt it you I saw at Flimwell a few weeks ago?

Nasty road at the best of times but the main thing is that your ok.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The gap insurance is to pay the difference between the book value of the car at time of the accident and any outstanding finance on the car.

Alibi Blue 200
:S What's your gap insurance details got to do with them ??

Sounds like they're preparing to shaft someone :mad:

Yeah that's what i was thinking, also annoyingly you cant move the gap insurance onto another car according to the T&Cs.

Towards Flimwell??
Wasnt it you I saw at Flimwell a few weeks ago?

Nasty road at the best of times but the main thing is that your ok.

Yeah that was me, i did say it was probably a write off :(

could i have your inside door handles maybe? lol if you maybe go see it yank one out or both lol ill give you a fiver

lol well iam hopefully going to get my car matts and hands free out of it on the weekend. I will see how viable that will be :D

Last edited:

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Gutted for u mate, but at least u weren't hurt and it's good to see the Clio earning it's 5 star safery rating. Cars can be replaced and repaired, people can not

:S What's your gap insurance details got to do with them ??

Sounds like they're preparing to shaft someone :mad:

Was your GAP insurance RTI? It may be that the Insurance company cover the book price of the car but will look to your GAP insurer to cover the difference between that and the invoice price?

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Ouch, that is not a sight anyone wants to see :(
Hope things work out ok mate, and hope you didnt suffer any damage in the crash

I was an insurance witness to something similar quite recently. The woman that caused it all, claimed that her brakes had failed. Yeah right love. That'll be why there's 20ft skid marks leading right into the wreckage. By failed, you mean you failed to press the pedal soon enough. f*****s should get points for accidents like this. Instead, people get points and labelled as child killers for potentially causing an accident by driving at 45 in a 40. Yet when you actually crash, it's "oh well these things happen".

On topic, glad you're ok.