ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New addition to the family...... His name is Pablo

S2 106 GTI
Pick it up on thurs, managed to give 'him' a good clean today. Oh and incase your wondering our mrs likes giving cars names, the lupo gti was called 'Billy''.....

1st off was a good snow foam, washed off, then clayed and all tar removed....

Cleaned the Wheels (which are being removed and sold) used some autosol to clean them up abit more.

Removed the dark rear tints - They were ok but IMO they looked too dark

Few pics

6043012330_64326b56f3.png

IMG_5408 by Gib#244, on Flickr

6043009176_e977bf275b.png

IMG_5399 by Gib#244, on Flickr

6042397041_0eba75bc45.png

IMG_5389 by Gib#244, on Flickr

6042466811_59fc8d5b5e.png

IMG_5406 by Gib#244, on Flickr

Will get more pics up after its washed again and fully waxed. In all its a fantastic car, been well looked after. Has FSSH and 7months warranty left on it.
Only mods being a re-map, bigger air intake, lowered on eibach springs.

Rich

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: New edition to the family...... His name is Pablo

I really like them but those wheels look daft!

Either needs to be really low to pull them off or get rid. But then i'm old so what the fcuk do I know.

Interior looks mint!!

S2 106 GTI

I really like them but those wheels look daft!

Either needs to be really low to pull them off or get rid. But then i'm old so what the fcuk do I know.

Interior looks mint!!

Wheels are going..... they were putting us off the sale as they can easily be removed and changed!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Wheels are going..... they were putting us off the sale as they can easily be removed and changed!

Audi TT Comp's. They are worth serious £££!

I sold a really scabby set on ebay for £380 with bald tyres.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

What wheels are you replacing them with?

I gather all the VAG rims fit this? I like these on BBS CH's

S2 106 GTI

Its our mrs car so not going down the slammed look or too many mods. The springs are already a firm ride. Where thinking of either going back to standard or the octavia vrs spiders

What wheels are you replacing them with?

I gather all the VAG rims fit this? I like these on BBS CH's

Most vag rims that are 5x100 will fit.

Most of the new stuff MK5 golf > is 5x112 pcd.

Looks clean as fk! Looked at getting one a few months back but decided against it in the end!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Looks nice that.

Clutch still ok with the remap? I heard it puts a lot of strain on the standard clutch.

Edition?!

Wheels are horrible. Must be a job to keep those seats clean too.

S2 106 GTI

Yeah seems to be, pulls nice. The guy we bought it off had trouble with it a month after he bought it. A part on the turbo failed which resulted in skoda paying out for a brand new turbo fitted £980!

Mini Cooper S

Like it! Glad to see your replacing the wheels though!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Nice bus ! Still quite fancy one if I had to do the economy thing TBH...

The guy we bought it off had trouble with it a month after he bought it. A part on the turbo failed which resulted in skoda paying out for a brand new turbo fitted £980!

I hope 'our mrs' has been informed about turbo idle time / cooling to stop it happening again ?

:rasp:

S2 106 GTI

Already know all the faults with them, have been reading the write ups about them for couple of months, with a standard remap (stage 1) it's fine, as with every car.... It's when you start putti g a more aggressive map on it. The map which it has now is really smooth. Doesnt throw you back in your seat but does shift on!

Rear door seals leak which is a very common fault, replacing them this week

S2 106 GTI

Update:

Picked up some new wheels at the weekend, Also bought a few little mods to make it look that little but better.

I am waiting for some new centre caps to arrive so the Audi ones are just temp. Swapped the wheels with a fellow member on the skoda forum for the audi TT comps.

6100102909_92d089910c.png

IMG_5465 by Gib#244, on Flickr
6100647076_86c0c35f37.png

IMG_5462 by Gib#244, on Flickr
6100646072_526a8694c5.png

IMG_5461 by Gib#244, on Flickr
6100644590_4eb6b64aed.png

IMG_5458 by Gib#244, on Flickr
6100098087_b4a0974bf8.png

IMG_5454 by Gib#244, on Flickr

Osram Bulbs

6100100349_fc70a856c0.png

IMG_5460 by Gib#244, on Flickr
6100103607_39e2b81cfc.png

IMG_5466 by Gib#244, on Flickr

Italian 3.2 V6

Looking tidy Gib!

So, after a few miles in it. How's it on fuel? How far on a tank, MPG, Cost to fully fill etc?

S2 106 GTI

You thinking of one mate?

To fill up its slightly over £50

Since we travelled all the way to surrey in it the ride was great, averaging around 50.9mpg doing speeds of around 90mph. As soon as you drop around 70mph your mpg goes to around 60mpg!

We used just over half a tank there, then we did some driving around (shopping etc...) then filled it up again £40ish (was just above 1/4) and coming back home we used half a tank.

Its a great milage muncher and with the remap, even when your in 6th it still pulls

Italian 3.2 V6

Not for me but for the mrs. I might blag her to swap her mk3 1.5dci (86) for one. She gets high 40's on motorway at 70/80 which is s**t for a diesel. It's ok around the town mind. High 50's. You have to drive like a grandad to stay above 60 mpg.

Only thing this will be more on is tax (she pays £30 a year) and ins. But for quite abit more poke :) .

Or depending on cost and MPG gains I might look into an Eco map lol!

S2 106 GTI

Tax is only £70 for 6 months and £125ish for a year. Its a great car, the mrs likes driving it compared to the lupo. bit more power!

Golf GTD Mk7

Nice purchase Rich. Can't believe you changed the wheels ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Should have lowered it on the comps. Or at least sold them. You would have got £500.00 + for polished comps.

S2 106 GTI

Should have lowered it on the comps. Or at least sold them. You would have got £500.00 + for polished comps.

It is lowered on springs

The tires were s**t on them, cheap makes and needed changing asap due to low tread and its was just a hassle as everyone lived so far away and wouldn't collect! least these have 3 month old pirelli tires and are worth the same price!

Going for a colour change in a few months...

Rb 182
Looks really well. I'm a big fan of these, a friend has one in red and the few times i've been out in it it pulls very well.