ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New addition..

Mec 350 slk manual
Chi did you manage to sort out the idling on the itb trophy ? The last time I read it was at 1.5k

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I haven't bothered mate. I can have it mapped but car still needs dephaser changing so will probably have cams thrown in and get remapped so thought I'd save the money and let new owner sort it.. Engine is sound other than the high idle..

Inferno 225 cup
Currently Ive got 4 clios and the megane.
My plan is to use the ph1 for track and occasionally the R26 just so I can get used to driving the same car really... Id really like to keep the Trophy but it's not going to get used so has to go.. Turbo 2 is awful in the wet but lots of fun when dry, it's running around 280 at a guess.. Turbo no1 has gone to a new home.. Although it had a little more power I much prefer the new turbo. . Quaife diff ftw and power steering too.. Just feels better...
Are you after a px Jacob lol.. Ive just had the R26 plastidipped in white and red. . Cant wait to get it back..

Not sure how to price my ph1 tbh. So would prob sell privately.

Itb'd trophy is also tempting. Lol

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Tbh I resigned myself to keeping it because I love it. That's why I got it dipped to save it getting chipped. Yours will be epic when it's done mate you won't want to sell. .

Ph1 track car, Dci
Get some pics up of plasti dipped megane when its done please, my mates just ordered a gun and paint and its giving me ideas :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thought I'd killed it but happy to say it's now running again.. Thanks to a mate of mine..
20140220_165811_zps4fa6f4b2.jpg

20140220_165900_zps08eaec13.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just a mate.. I pay him to come round once a week and look after the cars.. He's a top fella and awesome with electrics..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
There's nothing much better for track days mate. . Nothing I wouldn't worry about crashing anyway... What would you suggest?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
that silver ph1 looks alright tbh, much done to it?

Id just use that one for track days lol, still got the ugly ass turbo thing?

Cheers that's the plan to be honest. . Other than cage, buckets, harnesses, gaz golds and pagid brakes its standard... Not sure what ugly ass turbo you mean ;) That's not going anywhere!

I like the Ph1 looks better than I expected for some reason. Better exhaust needed though ;)

What was up with it?

Last edited:

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Yeah that's true. One of the reasons I got a Clio is because its cheap.

But surely the cost of consumables on one premium car is going to be the same or less than several Clios!

unless you you want a decent gearbox with LSD, then it ain't cheap!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Thought I'd killed it but happy to say it's now running again.. Thanks to a mate of mine..
20140220_165811_zps4fa6f4b2.jpg

20140220_165900_zps08eaec13.jpg

really need to change those harnesses and get some proper 4/5/6 point bar mounted harnesses instead of those 3 pointers going over the bar like that.
never been a fan of poorly mounted harnesses and I still see it so often

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Reversing terminals caused 2 fault codes which needed deleting. Also a dodgy fuse which looked ok.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
really need to change those harnesses and get some proper 4/5/6 point bar mounted harnesses instead of those 3 pointers going over the bar like that.
never been a fan of poorly mounted harnesses and I still see it so often

I was thinking that but going over the bar changes the angle?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I was thinking that but going over the bar changes the angle?

4point fitted properly to that harness bar would be the perfect angle.
The 3 points shouldn't be fitted then 'pulled' over the bar as they are not designed for that.
Also the rear mounting point should be fitted centrally to the seat they are going to not offset like they are, as in the event of a big crash they are not pulling centrally and can cause a twist.So many people just cheat by screwing them into existing mounting holes rather than fitting new ones.