ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New alloy wheel wax

Lionel Richie
i've just recieved a new sample through, will give it a crack and report back

it retails at £11.99 a bottle (i think)

its been specifically developed for alloys (its got all that fancy polymer blah blah stuff in it)

would one of the uber cleaning boys like a sample to try?

Chocolate Bar™
is it rim-wax? as thats what ive just been looking at off carwashnwax

i'd love a sample too ;)

Lionel Richie
brazo said:
Who makes it Fred?

i'll try and find out fella, its been specifically made for alloys, Laptab (the boys who i use for refurbs) have had it made, its not just a bottle of normal polish with a sticker on!!

do you fancy doing one of your trendy tests on it mr Brazo?

i've tried it on a car and so far so good!

I'll give it a whirl! I would be surprised i it was a brand new product, these take R&D, lab time, production costs etc. A lot of detailing products originate from the same source with subtle rebranding.

Lionel Richie
brazo said:
I'll give it a whirl! I would be surprised i it was a brand new product, these take R&D, lab time, production costs etc. A lot of detailing products originate from the same source with subtle rebranding.

well its been in development for the past 12months, it is totally new

i'm trying it on the track wheels (PF dust sould be a good test!)

FredYozzasport said:
well its been in development for the past 12months, it is totally new

i'm trying it on the track wheels (PF dust sould be a good test!)

Hell yeah!!! PF is the worst!!!

If I were you Fred as I don't have PF pads I would take off two wheels clean them up really well, use AUtoglym super resin polish and then exra gloss protection on one wheel and then this new wax on the other and see which one lasts the longest.

Although by the sounds of it the issue with the PF pads is swirls of breaking material coming away from the pad under intense use firing red hot debris out through the wheels and down the sides of the car. IIRC Brazo has found it melted and stuck into the clearcoat on some cars so a wax/polymer sealant isnt going to protect it completely lol

Lionel Richie
but i'm on about wheels here not paintwork, our cars are covered in a layer of dirt which protects the paint work ;)