ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New bra and sprayed badges

1.6 16v
12.jpg

MINT! Love It :)

M2 Competition
Loving the car, wheels, brakes, badges, looks mint mate. Will look ace with the gas sunstrip on. But...

Needs a cup spitter, those laguna ones look daft (the little vents dont match up to the bodywork, and is too big, so the opposite of euro styling really) and they scrape the ground all the time.

Also, take the tow eye off dude, silly idea not on track, and will get pulled if the police see it as not road legal...

I get the concept easily, but it's still looks stupid. If you're that worried why not cover the whole car in rubber? Oh wait that would look stupid and be daft... same goes for the "bra". Why bother buying a nice car if a) you're that worried about a few stone chips and b) you're going to stick that on it and make it look completely rediculous?

Ive yet to see a car with stonechips anywhere else other than the bonnet or bumper which just might explain not covering the whole car in rubber.
It's possible though

as for a) if you buy a nice car surely you want to protect it? hence the reason for the protector, wether its a nice car or a banger it will get stone chips.
Hell why not just go the whole hog and leave it in a garage.

b) weve all established it looks stupid, im sure even those people who have one on their car agree with that, but if it was up to me id rather look stupid than have my bonnet look a mess.
Your bonnet would look a mess if it had a bra on it. I have a stone chip/dint on my bonnet, it's less noticable than a bra.

I look at the guy who looks stupid in his seat leon then i think hey, it looks daft but his bonnet is in better nick than mine.
How do you know? Plus surely having that on it will mean dirt and water get trapped underneath and would car issues with the paintwork

I fail to see the point in buying a nice car if you're not going to protect it
There's going to extremes to protect it you know. Your nice car would be best in a vacuum chamber, but you wouldn't do that would you?

Thats like saying to people with a car alarm, 'if youre that bothered about it being nicked why buy a nice car'??
Bad analogy, £100 bangers are just as likely to get nicked

Alfa 147 GTA
like the yellowness looks awsome plus wheels really suit the car.

This car bra malarky though... its like wearing your favorite shirt then putting on a great big sh*ty shiney bomber jacket to stop the shirt getting messed up. If your piling on thousands of motorway miles then yeah i can see the point, otherwise not for me

172, Tiguan
I do like the bra thing, though wouldn't use one for the following reasons:

a) Your protecting the bonnet from stone chips. Good, but for what purpose? So the next owner can enjoy a stone chip free bonnet? i.e. you never see it?

b) will the paint fade elsewhere so when you do remove it the bonnet is a different colour?

Otherwise I think they look OK. If it was easier to take on and off I might consider one even. lol.

white clio 1.82
True ^ colour fade and it looks horrible. wouldnt it be easier 2 buy another bonnet and keep the original in bubble wrap in ur garage until u sell the car or want to show your stonechip-free bonnet off? after all its only 4 10mm bolts 2 change the fuka back? ive never seen something so stupid, u spend all that money on xenon lights then cover ur bonnet with an ironing board cloth? wtf

Monaro VXR
Badges look alright but since i dont know you. Why stick the 2.0 ones on when its not a 2.0? Or at least im guessing it not since you have as sunroof. I can understand building a replica but if all thats under there is a 1.2 then your gonna be embarrassed when a 1.4 nails you and goes on about how he beat a 172. the 1.2 is a fine car I had one and loved it would not have stuck 2.0 badges on it though.

Car bra is pointless as has been said. Had loads of stone chips on my old car which was an almera so bigger car. £60 to get them sorted and the entire bonnet resprayed was worth it more to do that than pay however much it is for the bra then have the thing looking bloody ugly for however long you drive it. And paint fading differently etc as well.

If you wanted to protect it why not use the clear stuff you put on that does not alter the looks?

^^ To all these people above who keep slagging off these items. ^^

Firstly and foremost these are an item designed for a purpose, to protect the bonnet from stone chips. They are not a permenant part of anything and can be removed by popping the bonnet, un-doing two elastic straps and slipping it off the front, easy as anything, takes 15 secs.

The way your all going on you'd think the things glued on, the bonnet is never going to fade or something because your not supposed to leave it on for more than 7 days a time, take it off to breath every so often and remove to wash it etc.

So imagine your trying to keep up to someone on a track day and as you follow the car in front it fires up a load of gravel on an apex and chips your bonnet etc, your gonna be mad aren't you. Ive had it happen to me when i was following a lorry which fired a stone but it cracked the screen, I needed a new windscreen. Not exactly the same but you know what i mean. You then take it off and drive home, paint protected. Same for a long trip to the Nurburg or Europe, just for journey these are ideal.

The VW scene has for years been displaying these on modded cars, their scene pioneers everything i think, those who disagree should attend a few shows and then come tell me im wrong, smoothed look, euro look, slammed, small wheels, all VW scene first, everyone else just follows. They look good on the right car, i think the clio can pull it off if its euro look, not with 17s or something but the examples shown look superb.

So firstly a practical item which can be a styling mod if you swing that way, look at two below and tell me the look crap??

cobra_haube_golf5GTI.gif

cliobra.jpg

rant above, discuss:

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
Its not for protection, thats a daft argument, as it protects a tiny square at the front of your car, the rest is left open.

Its for looks, and if you like the way it looks, then good for you mate.

You asked for opinions, some people dont like them, accept that :)

Mwah x

Its not for protection, thats a daft argument, as it protects a tiny square at the front of your car, the rest is left open.

Its for looks, and if you like the way it looks, then good for you mate.

You asked for opinions, some people dont like them, accept that :)

Mwah x

Mr Peperami, i sell these, ive seen the brochures from the manufacturer, they are to PROTECT the leading edge of the bonnet from stone chips, bugs etc. These are highly unlikly to hit where the washer jets are etc so its not needed. I can also supply full ones which cover the entire front bumper and bonnet edge, these look stupid as a styling mod but offer full protection if thats what you need. Not for me tho.

I didnt start this thread but supplied the items, i appreciate everyones views, thats why i like this forum there are different views for every thing posted. However i still stand in favour of it as a styling mod on the right car.

The VW scene has for years been displaying these on modded cars, their scene pioneers everything i think, those who disagree should attend a few shows and then come tell me im wrong, smoothed look, euro look, slammed, small wheels, all VW scene first, everyone else just follows. They look good on the right car, i think the clio can pull it off if its euro look, not with 17s or something but the examples shown look superb.
VW Scene? Don't think so, they've had these in America for a long time, I hate that they do it and I hate that they're coming over here now. Besides the euro look like completely crap anyway, it's for people completely devoid of taste.

So firstly a practical item which can be a styling mod if you swing that way, look at two below and tell me the look crap??
They don't look crap, they look horrendous, they've completely spoiled the look of the car.

i sell these
Says it all really. Not like a salesman to big up a product, which they themselves might hate, eh?

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Love both the clio's posted up (the members ones, not that blue abortion lol), and think the "Bra's" look spot on - something different. It offers a bit of protection, and is a nice (tasteful i think) mod - if you wanted to make your car stand out your could have put some skanky looking shitbox neon's on - but kept it tasteful and not lary.

Both look good

Monaro VXR
Saw on your other post £75+ vat for the bra.

Now tell me whats the point in having one when in a few years time or whatever a respray of the bonnet by a decent local bodyshop near me who has done work on 3 of my cars now would do that for £60?

My old Clio had 1 stone chip I could see on it in 3 years. Little touch up sorted it out though and could not tell.