ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new brake choices?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well my front brakes have nearly completly worn right down and mot time is a few weeks away. so i thought i may aswell get them now save any probs then.

im in the process of moving out of home for first time so money is quite tight.

what should i do:

standard oe discs and pad (brembo and textar) - cheap option

or

brembo max discs and textar oe pads - not sure if thats a good combo?

or

brembo max disc and order some ebc red stuffs - go all out and be skint!

what do you guys reckon?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Brembo max discs of ebay i just got a pair for £90, then ferodo ds2500 pads, If your not caning it too badly then standard discs and better pads will suffice.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
see i get the parts cheap ( i work for gsf ) so i can by direct from ebc and i keep the brembo hc's in stock, so im not sure what to do?!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
see i get the parts cheap ( i work for gsf ) so i can by direct from ebc and i keep the brembo hc's in stock, so im not sure what to do?!

WTF? Judas yuo work for GSF get the whole lot then!! Their ebay stock has Brembo max in stock, i had Hc's on my 182 and they were decent road + track

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
haha yeah i sell the parts all day long im just trying to think of ways of saving money now! what pads did you use with the hc's?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i used greenstuff which i thought were decent and on track, but ds2500 are better warren4 had some and they were better, noone on the forum uses redstukk tbh just ds2500

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
definatly get the lines sorted if you can afford it - only about £50. I noticed a massive difference. I use brembo max with greenstuff's all-round (only road use and so greenstuff seem great for me)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
thats interesting as everyone seems to put down the greenstuffs and no one really likes them.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah ive heard mixed reviews, i got them pretty cheap and no track days planned so i thought i'd give them a go, i carnt compare to the ds2500's but for the road i think they're more that enough - big improvement over standard

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
haha you'd be shocked at the price i can get the hc's for - benefits of the job ;)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I would have had them instead if i'd have known! Max's worked out cheaper than the hc's for me at the time