ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brake pads advice please!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Need new pads soon - had looked at ferodo pads but im not havnt got any track days planned so was wondering how good ebc greenstuff pads are or should i stick to original renault pads? also iv never been much of a mechanic and wanted to know how hard it is to fit braided brake lines - is it something i could do or want i need to book it in to a garage?

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
glad you posted this....
as think everyone gives diff advice,
people i have spoken to say Green Stuff, are not good, then i hear Red Stuff make noises when cold, unless driven hard.
Then i hear racing discs wear out a lot quicker than standard Renault,
may just fit Standard Renault pads, & discs this w/end on my 182...
cant make my mind up???

Weeman sucks ****
Green stuff won't be bad and they're cheap. I can get brembo discs at a good price so always stick with them, cheaper than going to Renault anyway!

I'd avoid the renault pads, they're no that good. If you have the cash go for the Ferodo DS2500's as they're a good all rounder.

Then if you feel brave get some Carbone Lorraines, they're awesome but do eat wheels if you leave the dust on! Oh and they crucify discs, LOL.