ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New break discs after pads

Clio campus sport
I replaced the break pads on my clio mk2 about a month ago and now need to change the break discs. Do I need to put new pads on again or will the current ones be okay?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
No idea why you wouldn’t have changed the discs and pads together, with them being changed so close together - your just doing the job twice.

As long as your discs aren’t totally worn with lips on the edges that’ll wear through the pads, you should be fine.
If the pads are still evenly worn with none of those deep lines worn into them, then reuse them.

Clio campus sport
No idea why you wouldn’t have changed the discs and pads together, with them being changed so close together - your just doing the job twice.

As long as your discs aren’t totally worn with lips on the edges that’ll wear through the pads, you should be fine.
If the pads are still evenly worn with none of those deep lines worn into them, then reuse them.
Thanks, I did want to but they didn’t have discs in stock when I got the pads

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Change the discs and rub your pads on some emery paper or a smooth stone to flatten them out and take out any uneven spots before putting them back in. That way when bedding back in they're be sound

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
The pads will have to bed in to the shape of the new discs so it really depends on how worn the old discs were but kyle is right on the best method to use.