ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New build ( Ibiza 500 hp )

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Currently building a 500 hp VAG unit for this - 1999 seat Ibiza cupra GTi.

8380_1.jpg

7811_1.jpg

Engine has been overbored to 1900cc and fitted with steel rods / JE pistons. Ordered a garrett gt30 from AET turbo's last week and in having a custom built manifold built to house the blower. Going to run a 5 speed box this time instead of a 6 speed unit. DTA will be telling the lump what to do. Wont stop with the goodies till its at the half way mark.

Picked the car up yesterday for £400.... Have been wondering what to drop the engine for some time and the Ibiza falls into the right category. It was cheap, there very light and the Audi engine drops straight in with no fabrication of panel work needed.

Im gonna build the car over summer and have it ready for next years season with the intent of running low 11's.

Was going to build another Clio TT but due to the cars, "unsafe at high speed" characteristics and the fact im now a dad, i decided to build something safer. Car will be ready for 2010 season.

Nippy white cup
Thought you got a A3 m8...or was that the doner car?

Either way that sounds sweet.....would love to get one in the Cup lol

Chris

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Is that much safer than the clio matt...Surely that'll dart about at speed also?!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Thought you got a A3 m8...or was that the doner car?

Either way that sounds sweet.....would love to get one in the Cup lol

Chris

Left a deposit on an S3 but it turned out to be a cat B and i want the car to be road legal.

Going to make this a lot safer than the TT was - concentrate on handling, braking and internal safety - it will only be used on the strip

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
Is that much safer than the clio matt...Surely that'll dart about at speed also?!

Not as much as the clio. The engine and 6 speed box was a very tight fit and the box took up most of the N/S engine compartment. This left little space for the driveshaft on the N/S but lots of space for the O/S driveshaft. This combination along with 400 bhp and front wheel drive gave ridiculous amounts of torque steer - needless to say it pulled to he left quite vigorously on fast gear changes at high revs.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Ah i see. What was jord's best time?! Is that ur target?

S/C'd the SRT8 yet?

Jordy has run 10.1 on a 1.8T engine

With his new turbo ( which is f*****g huge !! ) steel billet crank and a little more gas hes aiming for a 9 sec pass this year.

And its only a humble 300c ( thats for sale - wanting an S6 )

Last edited:
Sweet, they certainly seem to be able to handle it judging by some of the monsters that have taken part in the Castle Combe Saloons.

Polo + Micra
sounds like it's going to be mental lol

p.s any left over bits that could pep up the polo a bit give us a shout ;)

320d
Your mad. People like you make the world more interesting, wish i had the funds to undertake a project like this.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
not sure why you chose an Ibiza over something else

The answer is in the first post my son

"Have been wondering what to drop the engine for some time and the Ibiza falls into the right category. It was cheap, there very light and the Audi engine drops straight in with no fabrication of panel work needed"