ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Bumper

Someone very kindly reversed into me on Saturday I was waiting to go into a space in a car park, they reversed out without looking and reversed into the drivers side, back corner of the car. The bumper is scuffed and has very slightly been pushed in. From what I can see there is no damage to the paintwork around the Petrol filler cap, but I wont be able to tell until I clean the car. Does anyone know whether the scuffs will polish out? and if they dont how much will a new bumper be? I have not had time to ring round any garages, as I know they will say can you bring it in. Any help is appreciated.

Did you get their details so their insurance company can sort it out? No offence, but I dont pay £900ish a year in insurance so other people can bump me and not pay for it.

He has given me his details, but I was trying to get some sort of idea before I have to go round the garages getting quotes. If it would polish out (I doubt it) it probably wouldnt need a new bumper. I think he wants to pay in cash.

Its his fault, asounds harsh but go to the best garage around you and get them to fix it and then send him the bill

If the other driver is paying for it, why settle for any less? Take it to the most reputable bodyshop in your area and get as good a job as you can get. Why should YOU have to worry about polishing it out when HE hit you?

All good points. I hate all the hassle involved. I wouldnt have minded but the irony was I was looking for a space where I was less likely to get a dink in the door.