ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New bus - Cayman S

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
So since agreeing a sale on the V6 I've been struggling to settle on it's replacement. Couldn't work out if I should borrow some money for an LCI E92 M3 or a 997 C2S, C4S, or going back to an E46 M3, RS4 or an M6. After a few rides out in a few possibles nothing ticked the boxes, and I was chasing maximum power over enjoyment I think.

After almost agreeing to buy an RS4 from Rich (hans) on here I took a local one out but just didn't get on with it. Ended up going to see a local Cayman S just to tick it off the list and left a deposit earlier today! Was amazing to drive and such a nice place to sit. Bonus being I can bank some money after the clio too.
Shame the Clio has to go and I could live to regret it but right now it doesn't suit what I need unfortunately.

So the Porsche is a decent one with a good spec, sat nav, heated seats, full leather including dash, Carrera S wheels, £52k new! 3 previous owners who have all looked after it well, just felt like the right car.

11852937-AD61-4618-AFF5-AEAB3AEF7D39_zpszu9lmpgf.gif

DFD91669-0BC9-480B-A1FE-40063DB2EE6A_zps2e5t74fd.gif

Needs a real good clean, a little bit of paintwork and a wheel refurb, then just some thrash!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That's so nice. If I didn't need occasional rear seat use I'd be drawn toward one of these instead of a 997 C2. Will probably never happen, at least not for a good while anyway, and Ford have thrown a right spanner in the works with the new FRS. Grr.

Never looked at the interior on these...similar to the 911? Stick a pic or two up?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
That's so nice. If I didn't need occasional rear seat use I'd be drawn toward one of these instead of a 997 C2. Will probably never happen, at least not for a good while anyway, and Ford have thrown a right spanner in the works with the new FRS. Grr.

Never looked at the interior on these...similar to the 911? Stick a pic or two up?

Didn't take one of the inside yet, but will stick one up when I collect tomorrow. It's identical to a boxster though.
I've never driven a 911, if I did then I would have bought one for sure but too much money for me at the minute.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Great choice, you may not have it forever, but while you do it'll be bags of fun...

It's got such a nice amount of power and delivers it so smoothly..

Lots of smiles per mile..

Reactions: Pep
  An orange one
Looks really good Joe, you've got the right wheels I love that design! Great colour choice too!
As above not sure it will keep you happy longer term but great car to own for a while and enjoy flawless dynamics!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks really good Joe, you've got the right wheels I love that design! Great colour choice too!
As above not sure it will keep you happy longer term but great car to own for a while and enjoy flawless dynamics!

Cheers mate.
Yeah the Carrera wheels look really good on them, much better than the multispokes.

No car will keep me happy long term, but I'm glad of that as I want to own a lot of cars so don't want to be tied down!
(No more snap chats of the M3 please!!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic cars. Weird on those wheels but they actually look better than the dated looking standard ones although aren't they just Boxster items?

I drove a standard one for a short drive but I was lucky enough to drive this S for a tad longer and loved it. Anytime afterwards I always said I prefered it to the more lardy 911 C2/C4.

108e39f4b3379990b2a06bf2aab30ed8.jpg

2a0a69d2b04d79b637e4cda63faeb0b8.jpg

55280756e58cb8920be6df2da612e1b7.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome choice, but sod refurbing the wheels and just try to get some different ones. The right set of wheels on these make them look far less base model. When I was looking for one I really wanted to avoid those wheels :blush:

Hmmm, maybe I take it back, the boxsters look worse on those wheels and I'm not loving the multispokes on these.

Regardless, love it.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Love them.

I will own one at some point, if you don't regularly need to carry lots of people and/or stuff they're a proper do-it-all car.

Great choice.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Having a nightmare, been here 3 hours waiting for the funds to transfer!
One has gone through and the other hasn't, not happy!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Fantastic cars. Weird on those wheels but they actually look better than the dated looking standard ones although aren't they just Boxster items?

I drove a standard one for a short drive but I was lucky enough to drive this S for a tad longer and loved it. Anytime afterwards I always said I prefered it to the more lardy 911 C2/C4.

108e39f4b3379990b2a06bf2aab30ed8.jpg

2a0a69d2b04d79b637e4cda63faeb0b8.jpg

55280756e58cb8920be6df2da612e1b7.jpg

The sooner this AWFUL fad for dark wheels with what looks like curbing round the whole rim goes away, the better.

Looks like someone's been to Halfords for some sik new rimz y0.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I got lucky both times as normally up to 25k is instant.. Both times have been spot on when selling and buying..

10k limit with HSBC so sent from 2 different accounts. Transfer from the Clio's new owner took literally 3 seconds!

Just got home without the car, he said if it comes tonight he'll happily bring me the car if I'll take him home, failing that tomorrow evening :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How much (ballpark - don't need exact details) are these .. miles / age ?

I really REALLY want a C4S for my next car, but a Cayman seems a much more sensible (read: sensible wallet friendly) option.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
How much (ballpark - don't need exact details) are these .. miles / age ?

I really REALLY want a C4S for my next car, but a Cayman seems a much more sensible (read: sensible wallet friendly) option.

I paid a bit over £13k for this, on 89k but really well looked after which is more important than miles to me.
I was the same, but need at least another £10k for a Carrera S of the same age/miles over a Cayman. Don't get me wrong if I could afford a 911 without borrowing theres no way I'd have a Cayman, but they are a great alternative for a huge chunk less cash. Poor mans Porsche and all that.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I paid a bit over £13k for this, on 89k but really well looked after which is more important than miles to me.
I was the same, but need at least another £10k for a Carrera S of the same age/miles over a Cayman. Don't get me wrong if I could afford a 911 without borrowing theres no way I'd have a Cayman, but they are a great alternative for a huge chunk less cash. Poor mans Porsche and all that.

Thinking man's Porsche ;)

911 FTW though :(

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
My (long gone) boxster was 50k new, your Cayman was 50k new..

I don't think the poor man Porsche covers it now... When they can out they were affordable, but they have grown up since then..

I hate paying and having to leave them with the car and the money, it feels like the worst deal on earth..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A short wheel base rear wheel drive car in Scotland.

With a two year old.

Coincidentally, the Golf sticks with n/a 911's. Every cloud. :)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yah, they are dirt cheap as the engines on the 3.4s are made of cheese!!!

Did you check the bores before buying it?

Looks lovely, far braver than me lol.
f***s sake Dave. I've been nice and not mentioned anything. You're like the grim reaper!