ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Camera Mount - No FCS content in here!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
I couldnt find the none FCS media section so i posted here instead sorry ;)

I wanted a new mount so i made one out of my B-Hague and some bits off my drum kit, so ifitted these items to my toe tye to try and get some decent footage.

P1010215.gif

P1010214.gif

Sorry quality is s**t Youtube have mackled it!

[youtube]wLeyog3uWMs[/youtube]

E36 328
Lol at toE eye

Thats a well good idea!! How secure is it? can you push the camera up and down etc with your hand without it falling off?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
cameras solid as a rock. to move it youd need to slacken the b-hague part of the mount.

[youtube]paQ6FCaJ-VM[/youtube]
this is full quality but youtube still reduced it.
was pretty happy with the sound, i just put some foam over the mic. seemed to do the trick.

172 sport
Only problem I can see if you use it on a trackday,you won't have a tow eye for them to recover you out of a gravel trap etc,so if you don't mind them wrapping a chain round it to tow you in,it will be fine;)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i mount mine so:

4vmy2p.jpg

thats how my mount should work.

im just trying different things.

ive been to about 110 with the mount on my door.
stayed on ok, but was very cold when i got it off. wind chill!

and as for the toe eye, u can still use it. the hoop it acessable, its just if the tow truck is at an angle. it would only take a minute to get off though!

Last edited:
You dont need a tow eye to go on track so that wouldn't be a problem, but I dont think the marshalls would be too happy about an external camera just incase it did come off.

I love it though, you need to start making these and flogging them. ;)

RS RIP
camera in front of the car ; still makes a lot of/ loud noise like a leaking exhaustmanifold or decat . Or not ?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
wont it all come off in a few seconds anyway?

yes.

i would have thought it would just pick up massive amounts of wind noise.

but cos of the foam and cost its physically attached to the front o the car you get alot of engine noise, which i thinks good.

you can even hear my gears crunching in the video.