ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Canon EOS 400d

dk

911 GTS Cab
sn00p said:
Dave, time to upgrade! ;) :p
lol, got all excited about that when i read it this morning on the register, its a very good upgrade and a shame mine is only 8 months old, can't really justify the upgrade yet but i really like the new features, bigger screen, self cleaning sensor, more megapixels and a long burst of shots, i'd call that a very good upgrade!

Just need to 'lose' mine now ;)

106 GTi
rcp said:
I was just about to get that lense - so will wait now for the IS version. :D

Will be a fair bit more money so I have read. Double the cost of the non IS possibly. Will only weigh a touch more so is not in danger of becoming a monster like the 2.8 70-200.

My take on IS, I have it on my 300mm F4L and have never switched it on yet.

JJ - check out the price of it to!

Rich said:
Will be a fair bit more money so I have read. Double the cost of the non IS possibly. Will only weigh a touch more so is not in danger of becoming a monster like the 2.8 70-200.

My take on IS, I have it on my 300mm F4L and have never switched it on yet.

Yeah, you could be right. Maybe I'll see if it comes down in price a bit towards Christmas time.

Silver 172 PhII
My 10D is still going strong! I played with a 30D but think I'll wait until they up it to 10Mp, in other words when the 40D comes out! :) TBH, the 400D will probably out perform my 10D, but I need something with a higher frame rate so I'm waiting for the next 'mid range' body from Canon. Either that or a second hald 1D MkII when the prices come down!

Last edited:
  106 GTi
DarthCake said:
Seriously? I don't even use all he 350D's features or max potential yet!

I could do with a second body thats all :eek:

But no the 350D with some decent lenes does me fine.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Rich said:
I still am eyeing up the 30D to be honest.
what does it give you over ours though, just looks heavier to me and gives a better burst?

I am confused as to the difference vetween something like the 30d and the 400d?

both use the EF-S lens?

Must admit rich, since using my 70-200L i can't say i am begging for IS and not have ever used one with it i kind of don't know what i am missing, wouldn't really want anything heavier than what i have and also, if the price is going to shoot up i am glad i have what i have tbh. Just sometimes wish it was 300 instead of 200

106 GTi
The 400D replaces the 350D

The 30D replaced the 20D. (Next model level up from the 350D)

Both are still 1.6 Crop bodies yes.

I knew you would find it to short! I did an ended up with the 300 f4L IS in addition to the 70-200 ( which has not been back on the camera since!)