ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car 197 vs 225

St rollin on Borbet
looking at buying a new car at the jan can't decide what to buy a new clio 197 cup or a megane 225 cup which one is better ?

St rollin on Borbet
don't know which one was when looking at my local renault dealer at a 197 then i saw megane 225 in red it changed my mind still can't decide which to buy

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
PM Darren on here. (forum name) He had a 172 cup, then a Meg 225 full fat, now a 197. He's probably the most qualified man for the job.

E39 530i
I jumped from a 172 too a FF 225 best upgrade. Big, safe, Fast and a simple re-map from rs tuning will make it see 250-270 bhp.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I jumped from a 172 too a FF 225 best upgrade. Big, safe, Fast and a simple re-map from rs tuning will make it see 250-270 bhp.

This may not apply to you cos of where you live, but do you not find the 225 is not as 'go-Kart-esque' as the clio though? It kind of doesn't have the same chuckability as a 172.

E39 530i
True, True, I believe it doesn"t. 172, 182, 197 = Go-Kart-Esque.

If thats what you looking for then get a 1*2 or 197. If not a 225 is the way to go.

Phase 1 172, boxster
A white 197 cup with black wheels in a couple of years time is gonna be the most common car on here IMO

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Depends on your use for it, have you a family then go for the Megane.

I've ordered a 197 Cup and don't thing that the its much smaller than the Megane.

Tunning wise the Megane wins hands down, as you get more BHP for your money spent.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
drive them yourself and make a decison based on your wants and needs.

St rollin on Borbet
thanks for all your comments guys will go up to renault tomoz and see if i can test drive them both

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Can you get a full fat 197 with the Cup suspension? Avoid that awful interior and general pikeyness of the Cup - and still have the better chassis set up. Sounds like the way forward to me.

Dan