ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car advice cliosport.net sticker in window!

Leon FR
Hello

I have been looking at an Rs200 in White at GTI World in edinburgh. Car had a forum sticker in the rear window.

The guy that traded it in today was called Robbie he swapped it for a new Polo GTI. I'm looking for a bit of advice on the car. Car looks fairly straight and tidy however I had a couple of niggles about it. Firstly the service history isn't what I'd call comprehensive three stamps in the book one in 2010 2011 then nothing till 2014 and nothing since. Mileage isn't massive at 39000 but I'd expect to see more stamps. It's also due a cam belt. No evidence to say that's been done either.

Second point when I started it the gearbox was very stiff to go in to all of the gears until I let it warm up a bit. I've never driven an Rs200 before but I've read gearboxes can be an issue.

Exhaust back box is rattling - probably nothin major.

Thoughts? Worth a look or avoid?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome :smile:

Do you have a link?

As long as the gearbox doesn't crunch when selecting gears it'll be fine.

The whole car takes a while to warm up, gearbox included lol

But definitely try and get the dealership to have the belts changed if you buy it.

Or get £600 off for it for you to have it done somewhere.

...£500ish for a belt change, but it's nice to have an extra £100 off lol

Leon FR
Hi and welcome :smile:

Do you have a link?

As long as the gearbox doesn't crunch when selecting gears it'll be fine.

The whole car takes a while to warm up, gearbox included lol

But definitely try and get the dealership to have the belts changed if you buy it.

Or get £600 off for it for you to have it done somewhere.

...£500ish for a belt change, but it's nice to have an extra £100 off lol

Hi no link as it only arrived as a trade in today. I saw it via their facebook page. Picture of the guy picking up his new polo mentioning he'd traded an RS. So I posted I was looking for one.

Didn't drive it as there wasn't anyone to take me out in it. Was 7pm and only one guy left in the dealership.

The box didn't crunch but it was a bit stiff.

Service history wise all the guides say no history is a bad sign. Thoughts on that?